Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Yellow Creek Sat. November 21

From Frederick, MD & New Philly, OH
Arrived at the stream roughly around 8am. Started gearing up and met a man from Roaring Spring who proceeded to tell me about his outing from the week prior. It was nice to have a pleasent conversation before entering the stream, especially the information he provided. He went up, and I went down. The air was just right for bwo's and upon entering the stream I noticed some. But, it was just not the day for anything. Nothing hatched in good numbers and I left around noon. I managed to pick up a "Beaver Brown" (some of you know what I mean) on a lime-green size 16 tungsten bead head caddis pupa. I might have just as well hooked a stick and fought it in a riffle! Pointless to put stock fish over an existing population. Anyway, I also managed to land several acrobatic rainbows in the 12-14 inch range. I fished many different patterns and nothing was really happening. I encountered the gentalman again before I left and he reported similar results.
Yellow creek is a very healthy stream, I inspected the bottoms of several rocks and was amazed by the aquatic life. I saw several nice sized browns paired up and swimming together and I think that made my trip worth while. All in all I enjoyed not working and being at Yellow Creek.

Posted on: 2009/11/22 21:18

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
83 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
2 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com