Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Yellow Breeches, Cumberland county, 9/7/12

From York, PA
Yellow Breeches seemed a little low but yet a little stirred up. Big rain a couple days ago.

Water temp was 67. No hatch's while I was there 5pm until 7:30pm. A couple midges and a couple trout "sipping" them.

A guy I met six months ago was fishing in his fav spot....... and remembered me! LOL He told me there was a very poor white fly hatch last week. I saw him catch a nice brown on a small Caddis dry fly.

I took my XUL spin today with 1/100 oz jig heads and Gulp Alive 1" minnows (legal in the Breeches)
This was a test for me! They are about ready to restock again, and I wanted to see for myself if the finicky trout would hit soft plastic?

I told myself that as soon as I saw someone catch a trout with a fly rod..... I'll make the switch!

Second cast, a small brown. And third cast another small brown. On the fourth cast, the "Fly Gods" must have been mad at me because I got a horrible tangle and lost half of my NanoFil 2lb (I put the tangled line in my pocket, I don't trash the streams).

A fun afternoon. It felt good to wear my chest-waders again and use my Walking Staff. I landed four brown trout.

Still a beautiful stream with no trash..... I didn't see any dog poop either. I guess the FishIdiot and Bennie went someplace else?

Tight Lines,
1 wt

PS- I know that Maurice is going to say all the trout pix are the same fish! LOL

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Posted on: 2012/9/7 22:09

Re: Yellow Breeches, Cumberland county, 9/7/12
From Dallastown, PA
I am not so sure those soft plastics are legal there. (molded facsimiles) Scented thats bait isn't it? Its a C&R artificial lures that allows spin rods.

Posted on: 2012/9/7 22:38

From York, PA
Quote:

I am not so sure those soft plastics are legal there.

Oops! Please don't tell anybody, Maurice!

Those pix were photoshoped by a cyber hacker? I was using a "Micky Finn"??

LOL, I see guys using that bail all the time in the Breeches.

Next time I'll use my fav "micro buggers" which I am tying as I write this.

Strong storms tomorrow, but Sunday I'll be back to normal with a fly rod in my hand.

I can't wait for 10/10 at Muddy Creek FFO.

Posted on: 2012/9/7 23:28

Hmmph-seems someone was mentioning that your type outfit was deadly in ponds and more fun to boot.

Posted on: 2012/9/8 13:16

From York, PA
Quote:

pete41 wrote:
Hmmph-seems someone was mentioning that your type outfit was deadly in ponds and more fun to boot.

Yeah, that was Maurice who said that he used a spin rod at the last WW Flyfishing jam!

Maurice is a moderator, and he is my personal hero, so I thought if Mo can use spin ........ so should I!

Posted on: 2012/9/8 19:58

From Bel Air, MD
If that plastic worked, it seems that a white bugger would work too - no questions about that being legal

Posted on: 2012/9/8 23:03

From Chester County
Quote:

Maurice wrote:
I am not so sure those soft plastics are legal there. (molded facsimiles) Scented thats bait isn't it? Its a C&R artificial lures that allows spin rods.

I think the Commish dropped the no "molded facsimiles" rule.

I copied the regs from the FBC site:

CATCH AND RELEASE

Open to fishing year-round (no closed season).
Fishing hours – One hour before sunrise to one hour after sunset.
No trout may be killed or had in possession.
Fishing may be done with artificial lures only constructed of metal, plastic, rubber or wood, or with flies or streamers constructed of natural or synthetic materials. All such lures may be used with spinning or fly fishing gear.
The use or possession of any natural bait, baitfish, fishbait, bait paste and similar substances, fish eggs (natural or molded), or any other edible substance is prohibited.
Wading is permitted unless otherwise posted.
Taking baitfish or fishbait is prohibited.
A current trout/salmon permit (or Combination Trout/Salmon/Lake Erie permit) is required.

I think scented artificials are okay, as long as they are not "natural bait, baitfish, fishbait, bait paste and similar substances, fish eggs (natural or molded), or any other edible substance is prohibited."

No jail time for 1wt....at least for this....

Posted on: 2012/9/9 7:03

From York, PA
Quote:

afishinado wrote:
No jail time for 1wt....at least for this....

LOL!

The YBFS was supposed to stock yesterday, Sat the 8th, but we had crazy weather again!

Even if they stocked, this might blow out the fishing for a couple days. And I must say that the new stockies will hit a woolybugger much better than soft plastic anyway.

I've got my 3wt all set! You won't see me with a spin rod for a long time!

Posted on: 2012/9/9 13:49

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com