Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Yellow Breeches, Cumberland County, 3/11/13

From York, PA
I fly fished the Yellow Breeches today from 4pm until 7pm. I didn't take a water temp, but it seemed a bit warmer than last week. The water is still a bit low, but rain tomorrow? A few midges hatching, but not many rises for them.

The trout were much more active today. I think the warm couple days turned them on? They would hit a woolybugger when bounced along the bottom. I was Chez Nymphing (tightlining) with a tungsten bugger rather than a nymph with a 5wt. My friend was using sucker spawn imitation under a strike indicator.

My friend in the pic (anonymous .... he doesn't like to post on the internet) caught 6 browns and 1 bow. I caught 11 browns.

Lots of action. Simply a wonderful day with beautiful weather. I knew things would start pretty soon!

The mink in the pic was midway between the Run and the Dam. He was jumping around so much, it was hard to get a telephoto of him!

http://s556.beta.photobucket.com/user/raf99_2009/library/trout

Posted on: 2013/3/11 22:20

Re: Yellow Breeches, Cumberland County, 3/11/13

From Mount Joy, PA
At least I can look at your pics this time. Before all I got was the Photobucket main page. Perhaps you should "embed" them?

Posted on: 2013/3/11 22:46

Re: Yellow Breeches, Cumberland County, 3/11/13

From York, PA
wgmiller,

Yeah, it's the new Photobucket? I tried for a half hour to get the old photobucket back....... but it doesn't seem to work for me! With this one you have to click on a pic, and hit the arrows? It's terrible, I won't use it anymore.

They don't want me to select photos and add a link with the size that would be good for this site...... they want me to purchase prints from them! I've been free loading from them for a long time, so they want to "fix" the problem.

And you can't "embed" vids on a Mac like you can on a PC! That's why everyone on this site is going crazy with the embed's! LOL So funny to me...... if Jack knew that I could embed ..... then he would probably stop his dozens of old black blues crap? ..... it's enough to make you sick!

Even if I could embed, I wouldn't because it's so much fun for me to watch!

PS - I haven't seen you in a couple years..... do you still fly fish at Muddy Creek FFO?

Posted on: 2013/3/11 23:12

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
116 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
3 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com