Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

West Valley Creek, Chester Co., 3/16/13

From West Chester
Fished W. Valley from about 11-1. Had the whole stream to myself, probably because for the first half hour or more it was snowing/sleeting heavily. Water temp was 41-42 degrees. Water was slightly higher than avg, and surprisingly very clear. Caught 7 total: 5 bows and 2 browns, all on nymphs. I missed or lost my first handful of strikes, as the hits were very subtle and quick.

Does anyone know what the deal is with all the posted signs on the lower stretch of the delayed harvest section? They say hanson aggregates, which is the adjacent quarry, but do they allow fishing?

Posted on: 2013/3/17 10:07

Edited by JackM on 2013/3/17 17:02:30

Re: West Valley Creek, Chester co. , 3/16/13

From West Chester/State College
Nice day! I assume you were fishing the delayed section? How were the first spread out? We're they spread throughout the DH section or pooled up in a few holes? Hopefully they have been moving around a bit. No clue on those signs, but with such a popular stream I'm sure fishing is fine. What nymphs and sizes were successful?

Tight lines.

Posted on: 2013/3/17 13:48

Re: West Valley Creek, Chester co. , 3/16/13

From Parkesburg
I used to fish that as a kid... the posted signs are for the quarry. Obtain a blasting schedule with them just to be on the safe side.

Posted on: 2013/3/17 15:37

Re: West Valley Creek, Chester Co., 3/16/13

From West Chester
Thanks, nick. i kind of figured fishing was probably allowed and the signs were for the area closer to the quarry, beyond the stream. i will look into a blasting schedule. I can totally understand why they wouldn't want people in there though. There is trash everywhere and the remnants of a fire on the trail at the upper end of the dhalo. A fire? really?
wc, all of the fish were caught on a size 8 SJW and a size 18 or 20 black zebra midge tandem.

Posted on: 2013/3/17 19:42

Re: West Valley Creek, Chester Co., 3/16/13

From philadelphia
hanson aggregates what is that????

Posted on: 2013/3/21 21:54

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com