Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Tulpehocken Creek, Berks County, 5/3/13

From Lancaster
I swung past the Tully on the way home from work on Friday afternoon. Have been fishing the Tully for many years but decided to go exploring and check out a section of the stream that I had never fished before. It was a beautiful afternoon with temps in the high 60's. Flow was probably about 150. I didn't take a water temperature. The caddis are really starting to pop and the fish are very active with plenty of surface (or close to surface) activity. I have really enjoyed fishing the Tully over the years because it is a great place to learn about the different stages of insects (particulary the caddis fly) and experiment with different patterns and techniques. There has been a lot of pressure on this stream recently and it appears that most folks are catching a lot of fish but IMO this stream has proved to be able to take that pressure. I fished for about an hour and a half and brought six fish to hand and missed a ton of other fish. I caught one on an Elk Hair Caddis (dry), one on a caddis emerger pattern but the combo that produced the most was a Lafontaine green sparkle pupa dropped off the bend of the Elk Hair Caddis. They simply couldn't refuse the sparkle pupa this day. What a blast! There is also always the chance to tie into some real nice, heavy fish (paticularly some of the chunky rainbows..... yeah, I know they are stockies but IMO it is a great stocked fishery that offers year round fishing opportunities). Many of the brownies are not real big but some of them are very pretty. The Tully is a stream with very good access and whole lot of stream to explore offering many great flyfishing opportunities. Here are a few pictures.

Attach file:

jpg  Tully bow 1-1.jpg (25.04 KB)
6132_5185c2fff19e2.jpg 448X267 px

jpg  Tully Brownie.jpg (26.98 KB)
6132_5185c31030b3f.jpg 448X289 px

Posted on: 2013/5/4 22:28

Re: Tulpehocken Creek, Berks County, 5/3/13

From Da 'Berg, PA
great report and thats a well conditioned bow. thanks for sharing.

Posted on: 2013/5/5 0:58

Re: Tulpehocken Creek, Berks County, 5/3/13

From Hershey
Thanks for sharing. I prefer catching wild fish but unfortunately I only get that chance about half the time. It doesn't make your stream report any less valid.

Posted on: 2013/5/5 6:51

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com