Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Tulpehocken Creek, Berks Co, 3/09/13

From York & Starlight, PA
Arrived @ 10:45 & parked @ Rebers Bridge. Walked upsrtream about 150 yards and fished my way back to the bridge. Numerous #18 - #20 midges flying around and on the water. Nymphed with 5X a #16 Red Copper John and a small San Juan worm point fly. Fished to 12:00 and not a bump.

Left there and drove up to the Water Street area. Four cars there but nobody catching anything. I crossed and walked up stream about 300 yards and fished my way back still with the Copper John but put on a #20 silver BH midge pupa. Nothing. Went back to Rebers Bridge and walked upstream even highter and slowly nymphed my way back to the parking lot. Caught one 14" sucker on the black midge pupa and that was it.

Drove down to Paper Mill but two guys were in the riffle water belopw where the creek enters and four guys were flailin the water upstream so I decided to cut my losses and left for home at 3:00.

Posted on: 2013/3/9 23:13

Edited by Fishidiot on 2013/3/11 19:50:00

Re: Tully

From chester ct
Wednesday's scheduled stocking was postponed due to the snow. Sounds like the winter holdover may not have fared well. March in Philly was 1.6º cooler than usual till this weekend. Last year by now we had had 4 50º days, so global warming isn't keeping up this year. But then last year was abnormally warm.

tl
les

Posted on: 2013/3/10 12:06

From Gettysburg
Wbranch,
When were you fishing (date)? Please not that, in the Stream Reports forums, we respectfully ask for the Name, County, Date format in the title bloc. It's not a big deal, we appreciate the report.....but would like to maintain some standardization to facilitate search function.
Thanks,
Dave W

Posted on: 2013/3/10 22:17

From York & Starlight, PA
Lestrout wrote;

"Sounds like the winter holdover may not have fared well."

I consider myself to be at least an average nympher and I nymphed diligently from about 100 yards above Rebers Bridge twice with only one sucker that inhaled a #16 red Copper John. After the first nymph run at Rebers Bridge I went up to the Water Street water, near the dam, and crossed at the gage and walk upstream at least 400' and nymphed my way back. The water is quite low and I never had a touch nor did I see a single trout scoot away. Even below the gage where the water is a little deeper and you often see fish rising was totally dead.

Sorry I omitted data; It was Saturday March 09, Berks County, I fished from 11:00 - 3:00. I spoke to five other guys in those two areas and only one guy, caught one fish, down at the Rte 222 bridge. So maybe the fish stocked in the fall did not due very well or maybe they are hiding.

Posted on: 2013/3/11 12:49

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com