HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

Re: Tulpehocken Creek, Berks Co., 2/28/09

From Lehigh Valley
Quote:

HuntinFool wrote:
yesterday was one of the toughest fishing days i had still managed 7 and it was work for all of them, the temp change killed it a little

Wow - i hope some day my "toughest" day is a 7 fish day....

Posted on: 2009/3/13 17:14

From Mechanicsburg, Pa
Looks like there is a serial heron killer on the loose.
I think we need to get a warrant out for WB and his baseball bat.

Posted on: 2009/3/13 18:54

From York, PA
Hey! it wasn't me!
I'm starting to take a liking to the blue herons. They have to eat too!
I do follow laws like you guys do. So I want to be legal.
When I catch a little trout in a C&R area, I think from now on I'll throw the trout over to the heron and see if the heron breaks the law!
This way I'll feel good because I'm not breaking the law and I'm also feeding a hungry bird.
I've been reborn..... I see the light!
Thank You Jesus

Posted on: 2009/3/13 19:10

From Lehigh Valley, PA
I know I've told this one before, but if Jack gets to repeat his stories, so do I.

The first time I took my sister fishing, we hit the Wissahickon in the summer. She started catching bluegills very quickly, and had a great time.

After a few hours, she was a couple hundred feet downstream from me, and a GBH was watching her very closely. When she hooked her next bluegill, which planed off downstream, the Heron charged. It expertly nailed the fish then flaired its wings at my sister, who immediately broke it off and backed away.

She want to go fishing again on opening day, so it didn't scare her too badly.

Posted on: 2009/3/18 10:21

- Homer J. Simpson

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
If fished it on Saturday, the 14th. I fished at Palisades, Gring's Mill, and the refrigerator hole. Tough day. Managed one fish at Gring's, it was one of the fingerling rainbows and measured just under 9". Lost one at the Palisades too. The reason I was out was my dad was visiting from Pittsburgh area, and I wanted to take him out. He got skunked.

The good fishing was probably better at Rebers and the Papermill. But the papermill had 3 guys in it and 2 more "in line". At Rebers I saw 4 fishermen just from the bridge, and the lot was full, thats too many for me.

Posted on: 2009/3/18 11:21

From Delaware Co.
Quote:
Believe it or not, I found two dead blue herons along the stream today. It looks like someone took matters into their own hands. I would like to think they were not killed by an "angler" trying to defend his fishin' hole.

I would love to shake that mans hand

Posted on: 2009/3/20 21:34

Yeah!!! Woohoo. Nothing like killing a native species so we can catch some invasive trout in an manmade stream. Idiots. Equivalent to hunters shooting redtail hawks and bald eagles because they kill the farm raised road chickens that we stock on land that has about as much right to hold pheasant as downtown philadelphia.

Posted on: 2009/3/20 23:09

From Delaware Co.
Feathernfins u can't catch bigger fish than me without driving 8 hours so know your role and stay away from the keyboard

Posted on: 2009/3/21 7:16

From Chester County
The poacher that kills a native and protected bird such as the blue heron is more of a criminal than the guys that fishes in a C&R section and keeps a few stocked trout. Which laws do we follow; just the ones that help protect our fishin’ hole? If a law or regulation is wrong try to change it, don’t join the brotherhood of poachers and law-breakers.

I agree that the population of herons and other some birds of prey is out of control in certain areas. If I were able to write the law, I would allow WCOs from the PFBC and the Game Commission to thin the population of predator birds and mammals if they are deemed to be overpopulated in a certain area and messing up the balance of nature. We messed up this balance by destroying habitat, introducing all types of non-native land and aquatic creatures, and eliminated some native predator and prey species. I suppose it’s up to us to try to regain some sort of balance.

Attach file:

jpg  bh (2).jpg (162.12 KB)
53_49c4d7314b88d.jpg 480X640 px

Posted on: 2009/3/21 8:02

From Delaware Co.
I am the law

Posted on: 2009/3/21 12:10

Yo fragile Freddy. You still upset about those 15lb browns that looked like they could eat that minnow you caught. The law is only as good as you can back it up! You better stay inside those walls with the boys behind the bars.

Posted on: 2009/3/21 14:21

Fred,
Seriously dude?
"I am the law"

There have been some very alarming things brought forth on this thread. While we are at protecting invasive species why don't we start popping other fish eating birds like osprey and bald eagles?

The density of these herons indicate that our streams have artificially high trout populations.

You can't prepare a banquet and then get peeved when things show up looking to eat.

Posted on: 2009/3/21 23:10

Yo Ryanh,
You have to understand that Fredericka suffers from diarreah of the mouth. He doesn't have much control of that sphyncter muscle. I hear he suffers from similiar disabilities in other areas of his body.

O yeah, and sometime he actual does take the law into his own hands. Like last years deportation efforts at a local creek. I raise a pint to that one Freddy.

Posted on: 2009/3/22 9:17

From Greensburg, PA
Quote:

ryanh wrote:
why don't we start popping other fish eating birds like osprey and bald eagles?

fred has already stated he'd have no problem with that...I agree with your buffet theory, ryan.

Posted on: 2009/3/22 10:36

From Delaware Co.
Its seems that I am not the only one here with a sphyncter problem Feathernfins... Some people are just to serious these days . The tully is an artifical fishery so why not have some non native fish in it . If someone killed a pigeon for eating thier flowers across the street from you and you witnessed it would you call the wco ??? Because thats how populated herons are on the tully . So i'm not going to cry over two less blue herons . I have already said I would never kill an eagle or osprey but at least if they kill a fish they always eat it ......

Posted on: 2009/3/22 11:01

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com