Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Tully DHALO - Berks County - March 12, 2013

From York & Starlight, PA
Even though it was still pouring in York at 11:30 I had wanted to go fishing so I threw my stuff in the car and was headed north by noon. Pulled into the Rebers Bridge parking lot at 1:00 and it was still raining but just a drizzle.

Thought I would do at least reasonably well considering it was stocked yesterday. Nymphed hard from 1:15 - 5:45 the section from about 200 feet above the bridge back down to the bridge. Did this three times. Caught only three trout and two appeared to have been from either last year or the fall stocking. One was a beat up rainbow about 13" with a torn lower mandible and very dark colors and another was a pretty brown also about 13". The only "new" looking fish was a beautifully colored, and perfectly shaped, rainbow of about 10". Just a gorgeous fish with no fin damage and very fat.

All three fish ate a #16 Copper John on 5X flourocarbon. I tried at least half a dozen different flies but that was the fly that caught fish. Also caught two white suckers, one 13" and one about 15". Both hooked in the head, does that count??

Saw lots of midges in the air and on the water and did see one rise about 4:00. Couple of guys and one couple on the water later too. The water above the bridge is clean and low. Just one micro shot required with the BHCJ.

That little creek entering below Rebers Bridge was running like a Class III whitewater and the color of cafe latte. Down below Paper Mill the river is unfishable due to color. Water was very cold so maybe that explains why I caught so few fish.

Posted on: 2013/3/13 0:30

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com