Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Spring Creek 3/26

From Harrisburg
Click to see original Image in a new window
Hit the Spring for the first time in possibly 25 yrs. Had some friends with that we will call Cdc, Fesstus, and Major. They were only hitting midge pupa on top at 1st even though there were pretty many of bwo's. Started getting them on bwo #18 dry around 1:30. I ended up with 7. All the other guys only caught 3 between them but they were blabbin and tradin fly tying stuff, eatin sandwiches, ect. Heck, Fesstus was even fishin for squirells in trees with blueberrys. I wont say he got skunked. But I cant honestly say he caught anything either. I will say he was gone by the time the trout started really hitting though.
But every dog has his day. I have a feeling his will be coming at the start of June.
This is Major landing his fist tout of the year. From what I understand
about 10 yrs ago this man landed a trout over 10lbs and 30" on a dry fly on a stream not too far from where we were at. My new hero.
Squaretail with his 1st Spring Creek wild brownie in over two decades. Felt really good. Course I had to catch it off a "handicapped" platform. Only one I didnt catch on a bwo. Size 22 beetle that was the closest I had to imitate a midge pupa. Ol' Cdc taught me something about them bugs again today.
I can only imagine what these trout look like come spawing season. It was such a blessing getting them on top again. Saw one real bronco but he only came to the top twice. All were between 9 and 12 with one pushing 14". All jamboree bound fellers need to bug fesstus to bring his peanut butter brownies.
I needed this day. Thanks God.

Posted on: 2007/3/27 9:01

Edited by Squaretail on 2007/3/27 9:36:39
Edited by Squaretail on 2007/3/27 9:38:02
Edited by Maurice on 2007/3/27 12:03:05
Edited by Maurice on 2007/3/27 12:03:50

Re: Spring Creek 3/26

From Pa
I circled June 1st and added a bullseye on the calendar immediately after reading this here post.

How's come ya didn't post the picture of yer dog bitin' The Major in he's arse?

Posted on: 2007/3/27 20:20

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com