Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Spring creek (no Kettle) 3/3

From Harrisburg
Click to see original Image in a new window
While cdc (far right) and Fesstus (second from right) were holding class with a couple fellers, I took a walk around and scouted a little, leisurely put my stuff on and and caught one within 5 minutes of entering the water. Musta been an hour later and they STILL weren't fishing. Did catch it on what they recomended though. Seems sometime in my flyfishing career just being out and at the water will be enough for me. Not yet though!
After the olive spinners settled down I noticed trout hanging behing mini schools of suckers. Only had 3 sucker spawns left from using them as bread imitaters in the run at the Breeches. After having the trout inspect, but refuse it numerous times it turns out the technique is to time when the trout are directly behind the suckers (which is difficult) and drift your spawn right thru the suckers so it pops out behind them. They would really jump on it. Put it this way, I have no more sucker spawn. This fella had one full belly.
After Fesstus and cdc left me and my friend stopped by the paradise and picked up a couple more. One of mine was a 17" with some of the most beautiful gloden/bronze you get to see from a trout. As we left I got to see the largest gang of insects I've seen in months. It felt good to see them. A quiet reminder of whats to come in the next few months. Probably leave Spring creek alone for a little.
Theres a grannom hatch at another stream coming. Cdc says its not to be missed.

Posted on: 2007/4/5 11:09

Re: Spring creek (no Kettle) 3/3

From Pa
No doubt about, I gotta get me another feesshin hat. I better cut back on the peanut butter brownies to.

Posted on: 2007/4/5 11:15

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com