Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Spring Creek (4/22/07)

Beautiful day to be on the water!! An great day of fishing, a poor day of catching. Fished Spring Creek today with a buddy. We fished hard for a good 5 hours (from 1-6) with disappointing results. Fished variety of nymphs including Pheasent Tail, Caddis pupa, San Jaun Worm, Brown/Black stonefly without any luck. Switch to a wet fly, wolly bugger, and finally threw BWOs and various colors and patterns of Caddis flies. There was plenty of bug activity, with several decent BWO and Caddis hatches later in the day. The fish were rather inactive. Saw maybe a dozen fish rise for the first 3 hours of fishing. I left before my buddy who had some success a little later with a Royal Wolff. Hopefully the fish will turn on soon, has been a frustrating start to the season. However, considering what the weather was like less than 1 week ago, how can one complain!! Thanks goodness for SPRING!!

Posted on: 2007/4/22 21:26

Re: Spring Creek (4/22/07)

I was at a very calm pool w/ lots of rising fish at Spring today. The trout were feeding a lot, but they were picky. The only thing that got their attention was a griffiths gnat. Started at size #20 and by #24 they started taking. Before that they would literally put their noses right up to the fly and then back off at the last second. One of the large browns in that pool took my fly out of nowhere, and caught me off guard so I didn't set the hook in time. Let that be a lesson to never loose your concentration! haha.

Posted on: 2007/4/23 0:20

Re: Spring Creek (4/22/07)

I was out at Penn's at Coburn on Saturday and there was no activity, so I headed to Spring. There was some top water activity and hatches out the wazoo. I had absolutely no luck in about 4 hours time. I don't know what the deal is with the activity right now.

BJ

Posted on: 2007/4/23 9:45

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com