Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Spring & Kettle 4/3/07

From Pa
Great day. Arrived at the Spring about 9:30. Was delighted to see trout sipping BWO spinners as soon as I got there. By the time I got rigged up, the spinner fall was waning but I did manage to pick up 2 nice fish and released them ala the long line method. Spent the next 2-3 hours BSing and watching others fish. There were 4 of us, and we all caught fish.

At noon, I spied a nice brown feeding on midges up close to a rock bank. Tied on a #22 Zebra Midge and took him on the first float. Nice 20 inch brownie that took me up, down, shallow and deep before he surrendered. Waited for a bit to allow things to settle down, and had another fish of about 14 inches begin feeding. Took him on the first float to. On that note, I decided to bide my friends farewell and headed to the Kettle.

At the Kettle, the fish at the lower end of the DH section had plenty of 2 legged company, so I went to the top end and picked up 3 more before darkness chased me home.

Looks like the weather will keep me in hibernation for the next few days. Looks like snow showers in the forecast until Sunday. Maybe I'll stand outside and let some of that cold snow cool down my sunburned noggin.

Hopefully Squaretail can add some pictures and a report from after my departure.

Posted on: 2007/4/3 21:15

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
121 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
3 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com