Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Ridley Creek, Delaware County, 10/14/2012

From Philly
Arrived about 8:30. It was sunny and in the high 60s. Water temp was about 58°. I fished above the dam in pocket water. Lots of bait fishermen in the slow flats and I saw a lot of guys with spinning rods in the deeper water. I hooked up with a couple nice browns with dry yellow and olive caddis patterns.

Had a guy throw a fetch toy into a hole I was fishing when I paused to tie on tippet material...

towards the end of the day I tried the very top of the FFO section and didn't have any luck. Perhaps it's better further down?

Posted on: 2012/10/14 19:51

Re: Ridley Creek, Delaware County, 10/14/2012

From Newtown Square
Jbomb- below the dam about 300 yards or so there is some nice flows along the far bank. All stocked Bows from what I have caught.
I brought an 18 inch slob to net the other day on a size 22 zebra midge tied off a size 16 hares ear. Under the bridge and further down a 1/4 mile or so is all fly fishing and seems to have a bunch of stocked bows throughout. I've gone a couple of times in the early am and enjoyed getting into some bigger fish that seem easy comparred to the wild trout stream I spent the summer on.

Hope this helps a bit.

Posted on: 2012/10/15 21:38

Re: Ridley Creek, Delaware County, 10/14/2012

From Philly
Thanks for the tip. Perhaps I'll give the FFO another shot next time.

Posted on: 2012/10/16 12:34

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com