Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Ridley Creek, Delaware Co., 4/13/2014

From Media, PA
Managed to sneak in a few hours of fishing before an afternoon band rehearsal. Fished the upper park and visited some spots I haven't fished in a year or more. Beautiful, sunny morning; creek is clear and around average flow; temp was nearly 60 around noon. Saw some stones and lots of midges. maybe two fish rose while I was fishing. Started just before nine and fished a little past noon., covering a good bit of water. The trout were spread out better than last time on this stream, and willing to feed in the riffles as well. I fished mostly under an indicator, though I removed it to fish a super fast run which resulted in a nice brown. One of those deals where you know there is a fish in there and aren't leaving til you prove it. Anyway, guess I caught a little north of a dozen including a brook trout; guess it was a stocker slam. Also retrieved two spinners for a father son team, and waded deep and scooped up a dying 14" bow for a bait fisherman on my way out. He was quite grateful and I hate fish being wasted, so it was a win, win. Nice outing on some pretty water and I only saw the bait and hardware slingers land one fish the whole time. Should be some good hatches soon; looking forward to tossing some dries.

Posted on: 4/13 17:27

Re: Ridley Creek, Delaware Co., 4/13/2014

From Secane
Hey Van, great to hear your catching the brookies. Delco Anglers stock those, just and FYI. Good luck and keep the reports coming!!

Posted on: 4/27 21:03

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com