Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Quitty, Lebanon Co. 06/29/2013

From Mount Joy, PA
There could be quite a bit of validity to it based on the trash seen along the banks at times, and the accessibility of the stream. Agreed that I have always seen fly guys when I'm there as well.

Posted on: 2013/7/5 11:49

From Lancaster Co.
Several years ago I encountered some renegades with fish on a stringer during a non-harvest period. They played dumb when I told them they couldn't keep fish. Not sure I've ever seen someone bait fishing. Lots of spin fishing which is allowed of course.

Trash has actually been better in recent years although much of what you see must wash down from Lebanon. Usually it's household waster like empty laundry detergent bottles.

I'm not sure they stock as many browns in there as they used to. When the summer time terrestrial fishing was very good it was always brown trout. As I think about it, I had really good dry fly fishing in early fall too with beetles, ants and smaller caddis. Recall one afternoon when I could hear the AC high school football game going on while I was fishing.

Posted on: 2013/7/5 11:57

From lebanon, pa
as far the trash, the "creek" runs right through some of the very best neighborhoods in town, and is nothing more than a concrete lined canal.

Posted on: 2013/7/6 7:27

From Cleona, Pa
The fish that hold over fair well they are always strong and healthy. You just have to know where they are.

Posted on: 2013/7/6 20:41

From Lebanon
I was at Cleona park, not the DHALO area.

Friday I was there again. I think I caught the same trout again too ;)

There were some kids bait fishing, and I saw one other guy with spinning gear on my way out, but he was done for the day. Earlier in the day I had seen another car in the lot, but I guess they went upstream. I was headed down stream.

Water temp was 72F between the bridge and the reported spring, and 70F after the spring (just got a thermometer earlier that day). I should clarify that I have been told there is a spring feeding the pool where the big tree out in the water is.

I accidently waded past the posted area downstream because you can't see the sign from in the creek. The brush is very overgrown in front of it. There are some deep holes back there. I saw the back of the sign on the way out so I won't be going that far again.

There are several holesbetween the bridge and the posted area holding trout. Convincing them to bite is another issue.

Posted on: 2013/7/7 13:39

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
125 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
3 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com