Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Quittie, LebanonCounty 1/20/2013

From Hershey
Fished in the Quittie nature park from the trail bridge at the upper parking lot up to the next road bridge. Caught 3(all rainbows) on a black conehead wooly bugger. Lost one at my feet on a beadhead pheasant tail. One had beautiful fins, spectacular color, a real golden hue along with numerous black spots all over. Also, caught one about 5 inches with parr marks that fought like crazy! A great day out.

Posted on: 2013/1/20 17:19

Walk up the river to the cedar trees, follow the sun and catch a nice cool breeze

Re: Quittie, LebanonCounty 1/20/2013

From South Lebanon Township, PA
Thought about heading that way today, but went north for some Brookies instead (and didn't do that well). Guys keep turning up these little Bows in the Quittie...I still haven't caught one, but I'm really starting to wonder what those Bows are capable of in there. Thanks for the report.

Question...were you dead drifting the Bugger, stripping, swinging?

Posted on: 2013/1/20 18:11

From Hershey
First one was just starting to swing toward the back of one of the big pools. Not a lot of current so I was giving it a bit of action but really fishing it slow. All others were caught while deadrifting.

All fish really ate the fly.

The one I lost at my feet on the beadhead was right below the road bridge I assume is at the upper limit of the delayed harvest. I fished it hard with the beadhead pheasant tail but only hooked up when I put some tungstun led on. Never tried it this stuff until today. Liked the flexibility it gave me but it kept sliding down the line to my fly.

One thing I have found in my somewhat limited fishing in the winter is that the fish seem most active in the moderate riffles and runs that are from shallow to medium in depth in sunlit areas.

Posted on: 2013/1/20 19:44

Walk up the river to the cedar trees, follow the sun and catch a nice cool breeze

From Gamehendge
The fish get cold too. My experience in the winter has pointed me toward. Fishing when the sun is the highest of the day. An the sunlit areas. Although that really dosent work 100% of the time. Winter fishing is funny. I try to stick to spring creeks.

Posted on: 2013/1/21 18:43

From Cleona, Pa
soon time to tie on a sucker spawn, they work there about this time. And tungsten bead walts worms with a hot spot. 3 is good for this time of the year. The bigger ones were probably holdover and the smaller was wild. Good job on that.

Posted on: 2013/1/22 14:52

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
102 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
3 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com