Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

NB Muddy Creek, York County, 04/17/2007
From Dallastown, PA
Fished the North Branch for a few hours, a day after the high water from over an inch of rain. Water was high, clear with a lot of color in the deep areas. Very fast moving. Found fish in the slower areas. Picked up 10. 4 bows, 6 browns. 4 browns were wildies. Got all the fish on buiggers and streamers. even though I also had a SJ worm on as well. Had a couple others on and missed a bunch. So much for the fish getting washed away.
Saw 1 dark mayfly. Water temp was 49 degrees.

Here are a few pics of the wildies...
Maurice

Attach file:

jpg  NBwildbrownsA.jpg (0.00 KB)

jpg  NBwildbrownsB.jpg (0.00 KB)

jpg  NBwildbrownsC.jpg (0.00 KB)

jpg  NBwildbrownsD.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2007/4/17 20:01

Re: NB Muddy Creek, York County, 04/17/2007

They be fat! Well fed. Thanks for posting,

Posted on: 2007/4/17 22:10

From Dallastown, PA
VC.

That third one was a hog...Only about ten inches but was plump with food in him. I opened his mouth to see if he had something regurgetated but didn't see anything. Almost like it was full of eggs during spawn but not the right time of year.

Maurice

Posted on: 2007/4/17 23:45

From Windsor, PA
Nice fish, beautiful colors. I also admire the way that you have no landscape background in all the pictures. I might know where that one twig is located though : )

Keep those Muddy Creek pictures coming. I enjoy seeing the local natives.

Posted on: 2007/4/18 9:25

From Dallastown, PA
Quote:

pool_spooker wrote:
Nice fish, beautiful colors. I also admire the way that you have no landscape background in all the pictures. I might know where that one twig is located though : )

Keep those Muddy Creek pictures coming. I enjoy seeing the local natives.

My guess is that twig was about two miles above the current location after the recent high water.

Posted on: 2007/4/18 11:29

Oh yeah, wild trout in York County, that's excellent. Are Muddy Creek and the North Branch limestone influenced?

Posted on: 2007/4/18 12:03

That is cool, that many wild fish and good size. Is the NB the one that flows from Felton?
Flyman

Posted on: 2007/4/18 18:29

From Dallastown, PA
Quote:

troutbert wrote:
Oh yeah, wild trout in York County, that's excellent. Are Muddy Creek and the North Branch limestone influenced?

No. They have their poor summer months but some survive int he big creeks while others seek thermal rrefuge from trips and seeps. Not significant pops but it is getting better.

Maurice

Posted on: 2007/4/18 22:55

From Dallastown, PA
Quote:

flyman wrote:
That is cool, that many wild fish and good size. Is the NB the one that flows from Felton?
Flyman

Yes...But its not a wild trout stream. Just a nice surprise sometimes to get into the wildies. Today I went back to the stretch below this one and got four stockers in an hour an a half. No wild fish action. Its all about timing.

Maurice

Posted on: 2007/4/18 22:58

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com