Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Monocacy Creek Bethlehem, Pa 6-30-13

From Mechanicsburg, Pa
Finally had a chance to fish the Monocacy. Ended up with four and missed a few others. I felt it was going showing for my first time there. Water temp about 66 degrees. Had to pull out the stops as no one fly was the ticket. Seemed to do good on scuds though. Missed a few on a olive wooly bugger. Most fish on the small side but they put up a good battle including a jumper. Despite the thunder storm threat weather held out. Access seemed to be limited but I was able to find a parking space. Probably would fish it again. Definitely fish in that creek.

Posted on: 2013/6/30 20:21

Re: Monocacy Creek Bethlehem, Pa 6-30-13

From SEPA
Nice. Turn over a few rocks, scuds galore.

Posted on: 2013/7/4 17:33

If you fished the trophy trout area, be advised that it is known for its abundance of relatively small fish. In large part it lacks the habitat necessary for 14 inch and longer fish. Despite the lack of larger fish, the abundance of thos smaller than the size limit is impressive and the habitat favors them.

Posted on: 2013/7/6 15:48

From Mechanicsburg, Pa
Mike:

I did catch several fish between 8 and 10 inches which in my book provide good sport on a fly rod. Would you recommend exploring downstream of the trophy area? Its always tricky for me fishing new water as I don't like to trespass. Since this stream is in an urban area sometimes where you can and can't fish isn't always clear.

Posted on: 2013/7/8 10:49

I'd recommend exploring it all. I've parked at illicks mill and just fished down to the iron bridge and enjoyed every minute of it. the trico hatch isn't what it was but neither am I but that's no excuse. many days you'll have it to yourself.

Posted on: 2013/7/8 20:25

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
122 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
3 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com