Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Manada creek, dauphin county PA 9/20/12

From Gamehendge
I haven't been around in the forum in awhile. So I decided to post up a stream report. Hit up the spec regs area of manada on Thursday evening. Water runnin really good. Fish intrested in buggers. Brought 3 bows an one brown to hand. Finding fish in obscure locations. Stream looks great!

Posted on: 2012/9/22 23:56

Re: Manada creek, dauphin county PA 9/20/12

From Harrisburg
A good change. I found it over-run with warm-water fish well into the delayed section. Got into maybe one brown trout and ended up bringing countless rock bass and the like to hand about 3 weeks ago.

Flows were poor and the stream was much changed since last year. Some very strange spots with absolutely no sign of life that have historically held lots of fish.

Stopped and talked to a fish commission truck on my way out and he informed me that the wild browns follow the creek up or down dependent on the flows, and it's not unusual for large swaths of creek to be basically barren of trout.

In my opinion, Manada is in very poor shape. I hope i'm just a poor fisherman. Glad you caught a few!

Posted on: 2012/9/23 2:16

Re: Manada creek, dauphin county PA 9/20/12
From Gettysburg
Quote:

Gorosaurus wrote:
I found it over-run with warm-water fish well into the delayed section. Got into maybe one brown trout and ended up bringing countless rock bass and the like to hand about 3 weeks ago.

This is typical for many of the ATWs in this part of the state during late summer. Check the stream out now or next month - should look a lot better (and probably have more trout).

Posted on: 2012/9/23 8:15

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com