HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Little Lehigh, Lehigh County 6/10/09

From Easton, PA
Quote:
by jayL on 2009/6/16 15:50:18

No, I plan to find a single fish, sight fish for it with a globug, catch it, then go fish more enjoyable methods. Actually, I don't plan on fishing the stream at all, as I'd have to cross a few others to get there.

Oh I see, so this is all how you see it playing out in your imagination… yeah, hence your back-peddle off of “No offense, but trout eat bright things, wild or stocked” spew. I guess you’ll be safe in knowing that you won’t be eaten by fish should you slip and fall in.

I’ll be right there next to you then… pulling them out two at a time on tandem Green Weenies. I don’t plan on doing that either… but man, I can PICTURE it happening.

Posted on: 2009/6/16 16:01

From Bozeman
Quote:

Dizzy wrote:

Oh I see, so this is all how you see it playing out in your imagination… yeah, hence your back-peddle off of “No offense, but trout eat bright things, wild or stocked” spew. I guess you’ll be safe in knowing that you won’t be eaten by fish should you slip and fall in.

I’ll be right there next to you then… pulling them out two at a time on tandem Green Weenies. I don’t plan on doing that either… but man, I can PICTURE it happening.

You are a walking fallacy. How does it feel to be an idiot? I hope you're not in pain. Someone that makes a "never" claim about the habits of an entire population of trout in a stream certainly must be one. You wouldn't do that, would you?

Address my claim that trout mouth and reject simple objects from sticks to bubbles to pebbles before we continue. At that point, we'll discuss whether fish spawn in the stream. Those trout certainly wouldn't lower themselves to eating eggs... no way.

Keep it coming. I do this for fun. Dance!

Did I mention you have no idea what you are talking about yet?

Posted on: 2009/6/16 16:09

From Easton, PA
Quote:
by jayL on 2009/6/16 16:09:54

Address my claim that trout mouth and reject simple objects from sticks to bubbles to pebbles before we continue. At that point, we'll discuss whether fish spawn in the stream. Those trout certainly wouldn't lower themselves to eating eggs... no way.

You want—or need--my acknowledgement? Aw, they are so cute when they’re young.

Just go catch the fish… that’s all you have to do. It’s what we call... “a challenge.”

Man up.

Posted on: 2009/6/16 16:21

From Bozeman
Quote:

Dizzy wrote:
Quote:
by jayL on 2009/6/16 16:09:54

You want—or need--my acknowledgement? Aw, they are so cute when they’re young.

Just go catch the fish… that’s all you have to do. It’s what we call... “a challenge.”

Man up.

I only talk about pissing contests on the internet. Not sure if I'll make it "irl", as they say.

You continue to skirt any of the actual points I've made. Is this another superiority complex thing you've got going for yourself?

Still spinning... spinning... spinning.

Sorry, I don't usually fall for the alpha male tactics. I've got no interest in your "man up" challenge, though I'd really like to know whether those fish would eat an egg. It's not like they are predisposed to do so through by instinct or anything. We certainly would be disappointed if that hampered our fish tales and sense of home stream pride. Keep personifying the fish. Maybe they'll make friends with you!

It's ok. Valley is my home stream. I don't tell anyone that they eat junk flies. It's far too embarrassing.

edit:
You simply don't have any ground to stand on with your claim that the magical trout of the bushkill will "never" eat an junk fly. Sorry, but you don't. Thanks for letting me troll you for a while, but I'm bored of it now. Until next time...

Posted on: 2009/6/16 16:29

From Easton, PA
You miss the point JayL… honestly, I could care less what you believe, or do, or don’t do… its totally irrelevant. You’re just a fake name on the internet (as I am to you).

You have this vision of yourself that you “think” you’re actually making a point worthy of debate… and that’s funny to me (probably kind of sad to others)… but I’m a little black-hearted when it comes to these things.

Sorry man.

Posted on: 2009/6/16 16:46

From Bozeman
Quote:

Dizzy wrote:

You have this vision of yourself that you “think” you’re actually making a point worthy of debate… and that’s funny to me (probably kind of sad to others)… but I’m a little black-hearted when it comes to these things.

Sorry man.

It's completely mutual. I couldn't have phrased it better.

Posted on: 2009/6/16 16:56

From Mechanicsburg, Pa
Gees all this fuss over a piece of yarn...

Posted on: 2009/6/17 0:59

From Easton, PA
Quote:
by albud1962 on 2009/6/17 0:59:40

Gees all this fuss over a piece of yarn...

Yeah, I guess that got a little out of hand.

My apologies to all.

Posted on: 2009/6/17 8:08

From Lehigh Valley
Wow what a heated convo.

If anyone is still listening...I primarily fish 6x but in Flouro. And very rarely see the need for 7x. The only time I might use 7x is for tricos on the LL.
I find that the flouro eliminated the need for lighter tippet and is well worth the $$.

I don't listen to anything they say at the LL flyshop. This thread has gotten dirty enough so I won't sling any more mud.

Do your own thing...spend time figuring it out on your own and it will pay off.

Posted on: 2009/6/30 15:35

From Greensburg, PA
with the exception of 4x I fish like a poor golfer. I use only odd tippet.

Posted on: 2009/6/30 15:46

From Monessen, PA
I only ever set my thermostat on even numbers. These pretzels are making me thirsty. I don't like scrambled eggs.

Posted on: 2009/6/30 17:14

From Mechanicsburg, Pa
You know, you all could always get a nite crawler and throw it in. I am sure it wouldn't matter if you used 2x or 6x.

Posted on: 2009/6/30 21:40

« 1 2 3 (4)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com