Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

LeTort Spring Run CV, PA

From Hunker
9-17-13. LeTort. Cold.... It was around 49 degrees when I pulled in and I saw no activity at all. It looked like all the fish were in the deeper pools, so I tryed enticing them with a white minnow and a sculpin, with a few chases but no takes. Tricos were doin pretty good for being up near Bonnybrook, but no risers. As the day got warmer I saw an incredible little olive hatch, but didn't see many risers, they were about a size 20-22. I worked my up stream and got ahead of a few trout that were feeding on something close to the bank, so I tied on a size 16 black wet ant and it drifted dead center toward his mouth as I saw it open and close I set the hook and a beautiful 12-13 inch wil brown was hooked and quickly released. I thought I was getting skunked, and am glad I got that one. Since the fishing was slow I headed to big spring. I would of took a few pics, but I only take pics if someone else is with me cause the letort browns are very fragile and should be treated with delicacy.

Posted on: 2013/9/19 13:41

Re: LeTort Spring Run CV, PA

From Mount Joy, PA
Quote:

LetortAngler wrote:
I would of took a few pics, but I only take pics if someone else is with me cause the letort browns are very fragile and should be treated with delicacy.

What makes them any more fragile than any other trout?

Posted on: 2013/9/19 17:47

From Dauphin PA
They don't have bones.

Posted on: 2013/9/19 18:19

From Gettysburg
LA,
Please note the format for titling reports:
Stream Name - County - Date

I realize you included the date in the body and many folks know what "CV" is but we're a just a little bit sticklers about format and some other things in the Reports forum.
Thanks,
Dave W

Posted on: 2013/9/19 22:26

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com