Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Gunpowder Falls, Maryland 5/3/2011

As Lt. Frank Drebin said in The Naked Gun: "Nice beaver".

Posted on: 2011/5/7 8:46

From Bel Air, MD
Quote:

Fishidiot wrote:
Quote:

wbranch wrote:
"Regarding the didymo, the heavy spring rains and rising temps have washed it all out."

This is a joke right?

I don't think he meant it as a joke. Snot mats are often heaviest early in the year, and low water springtimes (like 2009) often see very heavy accumulations on the rocks. When a heavy rain hits, much of it does break loose and wash away. Afterwards, the rocks appear to be clear. Of course, the stuff isn't permanently gone - just currently unoticeable.

Thanks for clarifying...what I meant to say was that the didymo will not affect your fishing, even when nymphing. The spores are still there, but once the temps rise and a few blowouts happen, fishing conditions are fine.

Posted on: 2011/5/7 10:26

From Shrewsbury, PA
With respect to comments on just catching "dinks" in the Gun, I would have to disagree with that statement. I do agree that there are many small fish in the Gun, but this year I have taken many fish in the 12-14" range and several larger than that. I did not use streamers or large nymphs, mostly midges and am very pleased with the size of the fish that I have taken so far this year. I have fished the Gun at least 14-16 times so far this year including January, February and March.

Dale

Posted on: 2011/5/7 18:09

From Bel Air, MD
Quote:

Dale49 wrote:
With respect to comments on just catching "dinks" in the Gun, I would have to disagree with that statement. I do agree that there are many small fish in the Gun, but this year I have taken many fish in the 12-14" range and several larger than that. I did not use streamers or large nymphs, mostly midges and am very pleased with the size of the fish that I have taken so far this year. I have fished the Gun at least 14-16 times so far this year including January, February and March.

Dale

Dale,

Agreed. I had a great day last fall when I brought 13 fish to hand and the average was near 12 inches.

Posted on: 2011/5/7 20:17

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com