Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Donegal creek, Lancaster County 5/24/2012

From York, PA
Was bored and was looking to go fish a new creek. Decided on Donegal because it was fairly close. Found out where to park by looking on here and set off.

I got there and parked at the pull-off right at donegal creek road. Through some casts at the first hole on the upper side of the electric fence just to warm up. I hooked into something as my thingamabobber went under but have no idea what. It was big but didn't have the headshake like a trout, just felt it moving upstream and then it came off.

Moved upstream and fished as I went. Came upon a decent hole and cast in. At this point, I had switched to a bh prince nymph. First cast, hooked into a 15" rainbow. Kept fishing the hole and hooked into a brown that was right around 15" also. next couple of casts nothing and then my indicator went under. set the hook and it turned out I snagged a bow in the tail. I was using barbless so it came out easily without harming the fish too much.

Moved upstream and didn't find another fish until the next electric fence. Hooked into him but he shook the hook pretty fast. Looked like a nice fish.

Moved past the farmstead and hopped back in the creek. In about a 100 yard stretch above the no fishing signs, I caught two browns and another nice bow. Lost a bow as well.

Fished probably 1/2 mile upstream with nothing else. Got to the really slow section and tried to fish it a little with streamers but got bored quick and moved in. Eventually had to start heading back. You can only do the "one more cast" thing for so long.

All in all, it was a good trip with five fish landed (not counting the snag) and two more missed. I fished for 4.5 hours and only caught fish in the first hour but it was still nice to explore a new area.

Thanks foe listening,
Grouse11

Posted on: 2012/5/24 18:32

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com