Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Darby Ck./Del. Co./5/3/2014

From Media, PA
Got in a couple hours mid day starting around 12:30. The stream was clear and higher than normal; 59 degrees. No bugs to speak of. Despite the crowd (there was a derby last weekend) I hooked a couple doz. or so and landed a little better than half. They were a bit spooky but I did take several on a SJ worm and the rest on a bh caddis pupa. Biggest fish was 14'' but I couldn't get my hand around him! Also there were a half doz. brookies in the mix, probably courtesy of Delco. Anglers. Not bad for a covert operation, sandwiched between errands. Especially since I wasn't able to fish my favorite run. Given more time, I would have explored above and below the areas I fished.

Posted on: 5/3 15:09

Re: Darby Ck./Del. Co./5/3/2014

From Secane
Once again, great report and thanks for the Delco Anglers plug!! By the way we still have fish left to stock in the local streams. Brookies and browns. Good luck!!

Posted on: 5/4 9:18

Re: Darby Ck./Del. Co./5/3/2014

From Media, PA
Went back today and fished a wider swath; conditions similar except mostly cloudy with light rain. Water was 56. Caught more than yesterday but fished for a few hours. Probably at least seven or eight brookies this time. Stopped off at Ridley on my trek home and caught several more trout including one brookie, plus hooked and lost two more brook trout. Hooked and lost one large rainbow but landed a bunch of fish nice today up to 14''. All the local streams are still pumped up from the last rain event.

Posted on: 5/4 17:57

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com