Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Cool Spring Creek, Mercer County 11/3/12...AND CAR ACCIDENT!!

From Northwest PA
So I was hoping to get up to Erie for some chrome but unfortunately my fiance had some car trouble while out shopping...had to help her out and on the basis of time had to stay local...decided to try some rainbows at cool spring from 8:30 to 1:30...water was high but relatively clear and seemed perfect for fishing...however not a single bite...I tried multiple flys and different areas...nothing...I even just stood in the water for a while just to see if a fish would swim by me....nothing...I'm really hoping it was just my crappy luck and the fresh stock didn't die out from sandy..oh well...tomorrow is another day...on a more interesting note....

CAR ACCIDENT!!!!!

while I was in the creek fishing I heard a car coming down Houston Road...I could tell it was coming WAY too fast...I heard tires squeal and thought to myself "what the hell slow down"...I turn around and in disbelief see a white jeep fly of the road and down the bank rolling about 4 times toward the creek...I immediately took action and got out of the creek (after yelling "holy shit" like 10 times)....grabbed my phone and called 911 while running to the car and yelling to see if the driver was ok...luckily she was...her jeep landed upright and she was able to easily exit her car without any cuts or bruises...I didn't get any photos (thought it would be rude :b)... but she definitely messed up her jeep...if you ever visit cool spring walk up the hill from the gait and you will see where she went off the road...anyway enough excitement for one day...time for a cold one

Posted on: 2012/11/3 15:10

Re: Cool Spring Creek, Mercer County 11/3/12...AND CAR ACCIDENT!!

Uhh, she was alright so i can say it--that had to be exciting! Cant say ive ever seen a car flip multiple times.

What was the water temp?

Posted on: 2012/11/3 22:40

From Northwest PA
haha...for sure pwk5017.....I dont have a temp gauge so I didn't get a temp...but from having to pick up a dropped fly off the bottom of the stream I can say it was damn cold

Posted on: 2012/11/3 23:16

From Ohio
She should thank her lucky roll bars! Wow, that is a crazy thing to witness while fishing.

Posted on: 2012/11/4 8:12

From Ohio
Wow, that is nuts. So much for a quiet peaceful time on the water lol.

Last time I was on Cool Spring I didn't see nearly as many as I did when they first stocked it. I did manage 3, but I really had to work for them.

I fished Neshannock for about a half an hour yesterday, but didn't get anything. It was fishable, and I've caught fish in those conditions there before many times in the spring, but still a little high and muddy for my tastes.

Posted on: 2012/11/4 8:35

From Northwest PA
agreed streamerguy...I was thinking of going out today but I think I'm just gona stay in...be lazy...and save my anticipation for the steelhead JAM

Posted on: 2012/11/4 13:27

That's not the first time a car has gone overthe hill side. A few years back, around Christmas, I was walking the trail near the big rock hole, and noticed a car that had gone off the road and was, basically, suspended above the trail by several trees. Needless to say, I made sure I didn't go back that same direction. That bend and the foul weather can make that particular spot a precarious one.

Posted on: 2012/11/5 15:21

From harlansburg
it's not a bad bend if you keep the car under 75mph!

Posted on: 2012/11/5 19:01

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com