Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Conestoga River, Lancaster County, 8/24/13

From Lancaster, PA
After a long past 2-3 weeks, definitely needed some fly-fishing therapy! Hit the Conestoga River at Perelman Park, got on the water about 9:45 am working downstream. USGS gauge was at about 3.50 ft, with a flow of about 220. Started off with a Clouser floating minnow, no luck for the first hr or so. Decided to go underneath, switched to Size 6 brown Clouser Crawfish. Quickly landed a small bass (about 8 inches) & a tiny rock bass. Continued to fish down stream with no luck until about 12:15 pm. At that point, I started to get into fish & proceeded to land 12 smallies from 12:15 until about 1:30. Nothing of huge size, (2) that were about 10-12 inches, the rest in about the 8 inch range. All put up a great fight. It was a good mix of healthy, fat fish & some lean/slender, healthy fish. All-in-all a great morning on the water. Also got to try out a new Columbia fishing shirt that I got at a rock-bottom price from Sierra Trading Post & my neck gator from Risen Fly. Both were great & comfortable. Will suit me well in several months in the Bahama's chasing Bones. Tight lines everybody & have a good rest of the weekend!

Posted on: 2013/8/24 20:13

Re: Conestoga River, Lancaster County, 8/24/13

From Lancaster Co.
Haven't fished that stretch this year. A 10 - 12 inch fish would top anything I've ever caught in that stretch. I was in county park from around 9:00am- 12:00pm. Only caught three. Best one on a popper. Not having much success in there this year. Fish seem few and far between. Interestingly, I didn't catch any rock bass. Sometimes you have to move to get away from them.

Posted on: 2013/8/25 7:54

Re: Conestoga River, Lancaster County, 8/24/13

From Lancaster, PA
I haven't had much luck in Central Park this year either. I was debating whether to go there or Perelman yesterday, decided I'd mix it up & glad I did. I agree about the rock bass, I haven't gotten into many of them this year either. All last summer I fished almost exclusively with topwater stuff, this year I'm not having much luck on top, but doing well underneath. Good luck!

Posted on: 2013/8/25 12:15

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
93 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
3 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com