Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Chester Creek, Del. Co., 4/27/2014

From Media, PA
Woke up Sun. am around eight and off loaded my PA gear from Saturday nights gig. Threw my fishing gear in but was asked by my wife ," when are you going to fix the vacuum cleaner?" . Grrrr! Amazingly I was able to fix it, (tried twice before to no avail) and down the road I went. First stop was Darby, but they were obviously having a contest since there were over forty cars and I chose a spot with no cars on Chester. The first fast run was not kind, but it was shaded and the temps were still down. Water was clear and higher than average; 56 degrees in the afternoon. Little bug activity other than midges and a few caddis. The first deep hole I hit, which was in the sun, yielded five hook ups and four nice rain bows. I walked down to another run the was hot last time I fished it, but it was slow and also in the shade. Hooked a couple and landed another decent bow. Fished two super fast riffles and came up empty. Worked my way into one of my favorite runs and hooked a few more landing one or two. It was the first time I fished that section this season. Went into the next slow run (also in the sun) and landed three more, all with motion on the caddis pupa. So far every fish was a rainbow between 11 and 14". Another fisherman showed up, and I went from being slightly annoyed to glad since it was a buddy I had called earlier. Put him in the best run and we both caught four or five more; a couple of nicely colored browns mixed in. Also had a double header which is always fun. First cast back into the knee deep super fast riffle produced a nice rainbow, and I missed one as well. Re-fished the fast hole and caught a nice brown. We re fished our way out and caught four or five more in the now sunny glide that had been slow earlier. I Took one off the far bank above there in the middle of no cover? Right by our vehicles we fished the favorite bait hole; and landed a couple more. I hooked three and miss one as well. It was about 2:30 when we knocked off, and my friend insisted on buying the Meat Lovers Pizza. I wasn't about to argue....

Posted on: 4/28 19:01

Re: Chester Creek, Del. Co., 4/27/2014

From DELCO
This is my favorite time of the year on chester creek...u can catch trout in one hole...and sm. mouth bass In the other and the occasional flathead catfish or orninemental koi...you never know what u might have grabbing ur fly.

Posted on: 4/29 1:52

From Media, PA
Yeah, I caught some chubs and brightly colored sun fish as well, but as you say; you never know. Don't forget those red eyed Rock Bass...

Posted on: 4/29 8:12

From SE Pa
Quote:
This is my favorite time of the year on chester creek...u can catch trout in one hole...and sm. mouth bass In the other and the occasional flathead catfish or orninemental koi...you never know what u might have grabbing ur fly.

Wow, you do better than I .... I usually can't get into Chester Creek warm water fish in April, usually not until 2nd part of May.

Posted on: 4/29 23:24

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com