Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bucks county reports

From Bucks
on sunday i went to tyler park and fished to the right of the cement bridge, for about an hour.

i had one brookie on but he got off

Posted on: 2007/9/24 20:41

Re: Bucks county reports

From Bucks
this weekend i'll will give you an update on
Humevill falls on the Neshaminy creek in Bucks County

Posted on: 2007/9/25 14:51

From Bucks
i would like to add i will also be fishing the neshaminy creek strech near valley road and mill road

My main report will be in by the weekend

Posted on: 2007/9/26 14:50

From bucks cty
I drove down Valley the other day and it looked like large mats of algae floating in the pools. Are you searching for trout?

Posted on: 2007/9/26 15:03

From Bucks
yeah im looking for a good trout stream near my house in bucks county

vally might not be to promissing then
Humevill falls might be better which is the other spot i'm going to check out this weekend

Posted on: 2007/9/26 15:31

From bucks cty
The only place on the Neshaminy I have ever seen holdover trout is at the dam in Tyler and that is only a couple fish. I take my son out for bass on the summer and the water temperatures often are over 80 deg. I count at least 7 sewage treatment plants above Tyler. Probably a few more below. If you do catch one at that time it probably won't survive the fight. I bet the water temp is still in the 70s, haven't checked since Labor Day. Unfortunately those of us in Bucks have to go at least to the northern half of the county to find trout.

Posted on: 2007/9/26 17:42

rock39,

I recently moved to Glenside, Montgomery County from Warminster, Bucks County. There is very little trout fishing in Bucks County. I know that a stream like the Neshaminy gets stocked early in the year, but it doesn't sustain trout through the summer. As was stated above, you might find a few holdovers here and there, but very few. The only legitimate trout stream with some reproduction and decent fishing throughout the season that I'm aware of in Bucks County is Cooks Creek, located in the very northernmost part of the county. You'll find some wild browns in Cooks, though I've never been able to find more than one access point.

If you can manage to drive an hour, the Little Lehigh River in Allentown offers decent year round fishing to mix of wild and stocked trout. Saucon Creek in Hellertown is another good year round option.

Posted on: 2007/9/26 18:04

From Bucks
yeah i fished last weekend at tyler for an hour and missed a brookie

Although trout is the main species i'm also looking for smallmouth bass and largemouth bass but most of all i'm just researching and trying out streams in bucks and the best stream or possible streach of water in bucks to catch these fish

VTPAangler i will check out the cooks creek along with Humevill falls this weekend.

Posted on: 2007/9/26 20:09

From Bucks County
Quote:
I recently moved to Glenside, Montgomery County from Warminster, Bucks County. There is very little trout fishing in Bucks County. I know that a stream like the Neshaminy gets stocked early in the year, but it doesn't sustain trout through the summer. As was stated above, you might find a few holdovers here and there, but very few. The only legitimate trout stream with some reproduction and decent fishing throughout the season that I'm aware of in Bucks County is Cooks Creek, located in the very northernmost part of the county. You'll find some wild browns in Cooks, though I've never been able to find more than one access point.

With all due respect, this is about the best advice you're going to get. Good luck!

Rolf

Posted on: 2007/9/26 20:22

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
97 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
3 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com