Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Big Hunting Creek, Frederick Co MD, 11/04/13
From Gettysburg
Managed to get down to Big Hunting Creek for a couple hours this afternoon. This has long been one of my favorite streams but it tends to treat me rough in recent years and today was no exception. Skies were overcast and air temps probably low 40s - it was chilly this morning. Water was 54 degrees and pretty skinny - could use some rain. I focused mostly on the steep water at the bottom of the park but also checked out the pools by the Visitor Center. No other fishermen. Had to work hard to get one fish. Did see some spawning activity but it was only in one riffle. No insects seen and not a single rise. However, the beech and hardwood forest on Catoctin Mountain was in full flame and just beautiful. It's still mighty nice out there if you can get out any time soon.

Attach file:

jpg  BHC13.jpg (68.74 KB)
26_52782f44c2198.jpg 188X319 px

Posted on: 2013/11/4 18:36

Re: Big Hunting Creek, Frederick Co MD, 11/04/13

From Chadds Ford, PA
About twenty minutes from where I went to college. Started fly fishing the year after I graduated!!!!!

Posted on: 2013/11/4 19:01

Re: Big Hunting Creek, Frederick Co MD, 11/04/13

Nice, I like that park too. Only fished it once, and am happy to hear it is challenging for others too

Posted on: 2013/11/8 12:38

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com