Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

If you like dinks, this Y's for you

The trout fishing (for good fish anyway) on certain parts of the Yough has really shut down over the past few days, and we've been left scratching our heads as to what has brought this dearth of trout upon us. The morning bite has still been pretty solid, but for the rest of the day the trout have been hard to come by. Afternoon hatches have been putting a few fish on the feed, but the bugs have been sparse as well and so goes the afternoon rise.

Not a whole lot has changed in the way of river conditions: the flows and temps are still nice, and if anything, a scarcity of rain helps this river as the Casselman River is contributing very little water and the temps are staying pretty nice all the way down and through Ohiopyle. Even the cloud cover hasn't helped all that much. We're going to go ahead and blame the unstable weather since that's all we can come up with. Shoot us an email if you think of anything better.

The bass bite is still hanging tough with fish taking anything from dead drifted buggers to poppers making all kinds of commotion.

That's it for now. Lets hope the future holds something better for those searching for salmonids among the slick runs of the Y.

LHGS

www.laurelhighlandsguideservices.com

Posted on: 2010/7/20 13:46

Re: If you like dinks, this Y's for you

Your post says it all man, same story here slow bite with little bugs, hope it picks up soon..........

www.grobe33.blogspot.com

Posted on: 2010/7/20 22:16

Re: If you like dinks, this Y's for you

From The "Burgh"
i had luck yesterday, 6 browns, 2 rainbows, and 3 smallmouth. Mostly on black wooly buggers, poppers, big yellow stonefly nymphs and cased caddis. ran through a ton of small dinks, but they kept me patient and focused i guess. Most fish were all caught right above ohiopyle, less than half a mile from the beach. hope this helps.

Posted on: 2010/7/20 22:55

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
101 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
3 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com