Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Cumberland valley streams

From Boilingsprings
We did not get any heavy down pours so the stream conditions are very fishable. Mid and upper Yellowbreeches is up a few inches and has a little off color to it. There were fish rising this morning. Letort and other local spring creeks are in very good shape. Small mountain streams in the area are tea colored and up a few inches. I checked a area within a 8 to 10 mile area of Boilingsprings but do not know other stream conditions. By tomorrow everything will be clear again and fishing as usual. The sulphurs are almost over on the Breeches but Gray fox and starting to see some Cahills in the evening. Hope this helps.

Posted on: 2013/6/8 12:27

Re: Cumberland valley streams
From Gettysburg
Was at Breeches in the reg water today and the conditions were excellent (just a slight stain in the water as you describe) and not as crowded as I would have expected.
Breeches is fishing very well this year.

Posted on: 2013/6/8 20:12

From Harrisburg PA
Thanks for the info Tony and as always very useful.

Posted on: 2013/6/10 11:33

From Gettysburg
There are still very good numbers of fish in Breeches but temps are now borderline. Don't forget your thermometer if you're planning on fishing YB.

Posted on: 2013/6/27 7:09

From Boilingsprings
Just a up date on the Breeches. Usually we are seeings some Hendricksons and Grannoms at this time of year. However it seem winter will not let go. Perhaps a few warm days will bring on these hatches. I have been seeing rises from wild fish eating midges on the upper portion of the creek. Thirty plus years ago these were very good hatches then they seem to disappear. It has been 5 years??? or so that our opening days were blessed with very good surface activity. Hopefully in the next few days we will see it happen again. If not make sure you have plenty of streamers and buggers and enjoy your day on the water. Expect to see them between 10:00 am and 4:00 PM depending on the weather. I have not done any aquatic seining recently but will do so if we do not get some emerging flys in a few days.

Posted on: 3/28 12:16

From Boilingsprings
The Yellowbreeches is Flooding the road in BS area. However there are BWO's comming of on some local spring creeks that stayed clear Sunday afternoon. And yes we managed a few small wild browns on top. I worked with a 13 year old boy today and 3 small wild browns on the surface saved the day. I am not sure who was more exctted me or him.

Posted on: 3/30 19:29

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com