Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Central PA Creeks

From Lobachsville, PA
Nick and I were guiding this past weekend. Top feeders were hard to find but we did find some. Spring Creek produced the best surface activity. Water temps were good, 62-64, on Penns, Spring, Bald Eagle and Fishing Creek. We fooled fish on Blue Quills, Sulphurs and Ants. Largest was a 16 inch Rainbow. Mid morning and late evening produced the best action. Streamers were not productive. 80% came off the top.

Posted on: 2012/9/17 22:46

Re: Central PA Creeks

In particular, any standout patterns for spring? Looks like I am going to get 4-5 hours of fishing time Friday morning before my brother is done with class and he is ready to leave state college. They received 1-1.5 inches of rain, and i expected spring to be up and slowly come down, so i would be perfect for Friday. Not so, that water table must be down quite a bit, because the gauge is reminiscent of an erie trib.

Posted on: 2012/9/19 14:24

From Clearfield
I was just at spring today...canyon section....the gauge was down to 70's water still had a perfect hint of green to it.....caught 5 on a pink san juan and 3 on a size 18 tan caddis pupa...the san juan takes were vicous but that is a product of the recent rain and color of water.....if its back to clear I would recommend any small caddis, ants, beetles, and zebra midges

Have a good trip

Posted on: 2012/9/19 21:22

man, i had some insane days on a pink san juan....

Yeah, really disappointed with the flows. I was expecting 2" of rain and to be fishing 75-100 cfs(axemann) friday morning. Looks like it will be 50 cfs. Owell, tiny flies it is.

Posted on: 2012/9/19 23:04

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
54 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
2 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com