Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bassin' on the Yough

The bass bite continues to be good. Took my wife and daughter out yesterday to do some scouting for the weekend and found lots of willing fish.

www.laurelhighlandsguideservices.com

Attach file:

jpg  little girl hooked up.jpg (111.16 KB)
874_4c51ad6fdcb0e.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  mom hooked up.jpg (133.79 KB)
874_4c51ad7ba2158.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2010/7/29 12:34

Re: Bassin' on the Yough

From Montgomery County
Cool... even got them using the fly rod I see.

Posted on: 2010/7/29 14:37

From Pgh
That's great! Hopefully you'll have better luck than me converting a daughter into an angler.

I'm 0 for 2. Took both of my girls out many times when they were young. Did everything right. But as they got older they became less and less interested in going fishing with dad and more interested in things like dancing and shopping and ... (gulp) boys. Then they started asking why I like to make fish struggle and suffer so much. I knew that was it.

So now they tolerate my fishing and I tolerate their shopping... sometimes I can even sort of combine the two. (Like fishing Neshannock while they're at Grove City Outlets.)

Savor those moments Ernie.

Posted on: 2010/7/30 16:31

From Pittsburgh
Quote:

greenghost wrote:

I'm 0 for 2. Took both of my girls out many times when they were young. Did everything right. But as they got older they became less and less interested in going fishing with dad and more interested in things like dancing and shopping and ... (gulp) boys.

While I'm in the same both with two girls, I'm less interested in getting them to fish than I am stopping the from the (gulp) boys thing? Any advice? I told them that I would be tolerant...they could date anybody they want when they are 42 or older. That's fair, isn't it?

Posted on: 2010/7/30 21:58

From Pgh
Quote:

David wrote:
Quote:

greenghost wrote:

I'm 0 for 2. Took both of my girls out many times when they were young. Did everything right. But as they got older they became less and less interested in going fishing with dad and more interested in things like dancing and shopping and ... (gulp) boys.

While I'm in the same both with two girls, I'm less interested in getting them to fish than I am stopping the from the (gulp) boys thing? Any advice? I told them that I would be tolerant...they could date anybody they want when they are 42 or older. That's fair, isn't it?

42??? Loosen up. I told my girls they could date at 30.

Posted on: 2010/8/1 0:10

I'm glad to hear at least something has picked up on the yough. I have been fishing the Yough for the past five years and I would say this year has been the slowest so far!! Although I can't complain too much because I did catch two trout over 3#'s on huge 3.5" tubes. I must admit I have never fly fished the yough, I have become adicted to the soft plastics in recent years. I floated from haystacks to Ohiopyle in my IK last weekend and caught two fingerlings. Very Very disapointing.

Posted on: 2010/8/2 11:26

From Lansdale
I work it differently. Get the boy's confidence, then tell him you'll throw him off the porch immediately when necessary. The boy's parents are all for it, too.

Posted on: 2010/10/5 14:22

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com