York SMB's

M

moosehunter

Heading to York for work on Tuesday. Any recommendations where I may be able to use the fly rod?

What part of York?

Probably the one by the river. Lol.

That area is not so great for smb but plenty of access along Rt 30 and 462 bridge. Access on either side of 462.

Not sure yet. But I will becoming from Philly area so I could hit something on the way.

When on 30 take Columbia exit. Turn left and then turn right on Locust. This will take u to pfbc boat launch. Work up or down. Should catch a few.

Big lightly weighted black buggers.

Jdaddy....lol I'm not even going to fire back on you ;-)

I was inquiring what part of York because as you well know, "York" could mean a pretty broad an inclusive area. The obvious choice is the Susky; however there are other options if he is working IN York such as the Codorus Creek south of York. Or if he's closer to Red Lion/Yoe area, he could venture down to Muddy. Alternatively, if he's on the west side of York, he could venture to the TT section of the Codorus Creek....

Do you get my drift now??? :-D

Lol. Ya I know.

Sadly lived in Red Lion when I moved here and was not aware of smb in muddy and had no idea there were smb of decent size and number in tt of Codorus.

jdaddy wrote:
Lol. Ya I know.

Sadly lived in Red Lion when I moved here and was not aware of smb in muddy and had no idea there were smb of decent size and number in tt of Codorus.

Well he said York, not York County so....I figure he means the city of York. If so, the Inky Stinky could be a good spot to lay down a line for SMB's The Muddy and TT of Codorus are poor choices to target SMB's

Rookies!

That was my bad. I was thinking of flyfishing in general when I tossed in the TT of Codorus or Muddy. Yeah, they ain't good choices for WW fish, that's for sure! If he's after strictly bass, then the warmwater Codorus is probably his best bet.

I've caught a good amount of smallies on the codorus below Twin arches along the rail trail and up some along the game lands. Caught a few good sized rock bass as well that way. Mostly on a black wooly bugger.

Back