Warmwater mini-jam 2011

wgmiller

wgmiller

I know it's early to be thinking about a WW mini-jam for this year, but I just wanted to toss it out there to plant the seed. I really enjoyed last year's mini-jam (even though the fishing pretty much sucked). What are the chances the fishing could suck two years in a row?!?!?!

At any rate, just wanted to get people thinking about it even though it's a few months away. Fishidiot did a wonderful job last year acting as the unofficial guide and I met a lot of great people (even that Sightnymph guy... :-D).

There are a lot of possible locations to host this event, but must admit that I was happy with the Juniata's access and floatability.

I'd like to back to the Juniata. I only ever fished it once several years ago. But I'd be in on a river gathering. Since Riversmallies.com went teets-up, I've missed their yearly 'rodeo' on the Allegheny.
And if y'all would be interested in a very little fly fished, large river, the Allegheny could be an option.

Syl

If you do the Juniata, go up one more ramp from Thompsontown and the fishing is better from there north.

I would be in for a warmwater jam

wet

I would definetly be interested in attending too. The SMB fishing is only a small shadow of what it used to be in my part of the Sus Q, so i don't mind traveling a little.

I'm up for it. Maybe someone will have spare room in a boat.

It would certainly be nice to do it again. I too had a blast last year. J-man is correct that generally there's more bass further upriver on the Juniata. I like the area around Thompsontown as it's got big fish and good access. However, we could certainly try another section up around or above Lewistown and hopefully have some better luck. The North Branch Susky would also be a great float/wade river for bass and probably about the same distance for the east side guys. We had some west side guys make the long drive to center state to fish the J last year. The North Branch would be further but maybe not much in terms of time if they can get up on I 80(?). Or, of course, the west side guys could do the Allegheny.
We'll see. Something should come together.

I would be interested in a WWI venue just have to get myself a yak finnaly

I would be up for a warm water jam. I have a pretty busy spring and summer. When would this be?

boychick wrote:
When would this be?

No idea at this point. Last year I picked August so as to squeeze it in between a trico jam and a WB Delaware jam in July and Sept. A WW jam can be pretty flexible - really anytime from about mid June until late October but we'll probably come up with a date for sometime in mid to late summer.

On the NB Suskie. September IS by far the best month for fishing/wading/'yakking. Don't matter what pattern you use... SM's will eat it.

Fishidiot, Thanks for the info.

I vote for July or early August. That would be ideal. I hope to be able to go! It would be nice to meet some of you guys while catching smallies.

-B

It's definitely too early, but I'd be interested in carting the pontoon somewhere on the eastern 50-60% of the state in august or sept. July is no dice for me, unless it's pretty early in the month.

Also would consider the NY stretch of the susq or the potomac. The clarion is more than likely too far, but I would try to make it, as that river intrigues me. Anything further west is out of the question for me.

conodoguinet is pretty centrally located.

I would totally like to participate. Last summer I really worked on fly fishing for bass. I learned a lot. A jam might be just the thing.

If interested in the western part of the state there is the Alleghany, Clarion, and Presque Isle Bay for warmwater fishing. I frequent these in the summer and they all can be excellent options.

Dear Board,

Depending on the date I'd be up for something too. Let's try to go somewhere where there are fish. ;-)

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Dredging this back up. We're already halfway through June! :)

A return to the Juniata? Let me just get my GPS pre-programmed so I don't go through BFE and get another pointless ticket.

Anyways, depending on where you go, and when you go, I could be persauded to show up. I enjoyed the last one.

Warm Water Jam was pure fun and enjoyment.

Fishidiot set this right and with high knowledge.
I hope my blue barge will cooperate this year.The location was fine but we can try something new this year.
[color=0000FF]~~~[/color]

Attachments

• Warm_Water_Paddle_and_Fish.jpg
    Warm_Water_Paddle_and_Fish.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 5
Back