Time to start using those Mulberry patterns

jrmyln

jrmyln

With all this rain and the mulberries, the carp will be very active.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 6
I have a Mulberry tree out back in my neighbors yard and it has the birds in a frenzy and they are all taking out their frustrations on my car if it wasn't for all this rain I would be washing my car every other day.

I work on the Lehigh and have never seen the carp in a frenzy. There is an impoundment near my house and the carp get in such a frenzy that you'd think you were fishing for reds in LA.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to tie up a few more and head out to my spot soon.

Spent way too much of my youth swimming in a quarry.

When the Mulberries (limbs over the water) were ripe the crows would flock to them and eat their fill.

Many fell into the water. The crows would then fly down to the water and the carp would splash water at them as sort of a payment.

I know it sounds weird. But it happened on a regular basis.

ryguyfi wrote:
Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to tie up a few more and head out to my spot soon.

Ry, I don't know what the berries are like up your way but they are in full swing in the city. Don't wait too long.

I've found exactly 1 spot with them, so I'll have to drive by today to see what they look like.

Most of the berries up this way that I've found are just blackberries, and black raspberries.

Fredrick,
pick em and make wine and jam then the birds will leave you alone.

Back