Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Time To Hit The Salt Again

From G-side AKA GLENSIDE
Its that time again to get the big sticks strung up and smell the sweet smell of Jerseys back bays and ocean. once the water hits 45 in the back bays its time to go. as of now I think this is winters last push but once the weekend comes I think we should be in the clear. in a month the bunker will be moving ocean side with 40 pound bass and gator blues underneath them. just want to see your spring goals and predictions. I am trying to get a bass bigger 20 pounds and this is the time to do it.

our fall season got destroyed along with a lot of jersey so we got to make up for lost time.

Posted on: 2013/3/5 21:14

Re: Time To Hit The Salt Again
From Gettysburg
I've got the itch too.

If you head to the NJ shore, please keep us informed of what you saw. Those of us with long travel distances may still be a bit leery about access, conditions etc. More coastal damage is being predicted for the current weather system. The folks there really need a break.....but some fishing tourism dollars wouldn't hurt.

Posted on: 2013/3/6 9:48

From G-side AKA GLENSIDE
Not sure if much has changed in LBI but I know most of south jersey is ok. This past fall I was in LBI after sandy. Not in great shape. That being said there was some really cool beach structure. Like hole over your head about 20 yards of the beach. House wise everyone had flood damage stuff out side their house. But houses were not blown away.

Posted on: 2013/3/6 10:11

From Delaware Co.
Quote:

Fishidiot wrote:
I've got the itch too.

If you head to the NJ shore, please keep us informed of what you saw. Those of us with long travel distances may still be a bit leery about access, conditions etc. More coastal damage is being predicted for the current weather system. The folks there really need a break.....but some fishing tourism dollars wouldn't hurt.

You drive to my house I will drive the rest Dave .

Posted on: 2013/3/6 10:27

From Gettysburg
Quote:

Fredrick wrote:
You drive to my house I will drive the rest Dave .

Sounds like a plan. Thanks Fredrick.

Posted on: 2013/3/6 10:57

From Bethlehem, PA
saw a report of fish caught in south jersey, in the bay.......

Posted on: 2013/3/7 10:11

From G-side AKA GLENSIDE
Water is still a little cold to get out there. Last I check the RB 38 degrees. Not sure what further south is like I might give is a few more weeks. The past 2 years bunker were in the bay by the end of march but its been a colder winter then the past 2 so maybe by early April. I'm itching to get out hopefully with in the next few weeks.

Marc

Posted on: 2013/3/10 12:13

From Pipersville Pa.
I would really like to try some back bay fishing sometime. Never did that in NJ. Have done lots on the Vinyard.

gencon

Posted on: 2013/3/11 8:23

From G-side AKA GLENSIDE
Gencon do you have access to a kayak? I'm planning on heading out in about three weeks to hit a few bays. I have to get my wisdom teeth out next Monday but once I'm up to it ill be down there.

Marc

Posted on: 2013/3/11 16:00

From Delaware Co.
Water temp at the hook is 43.1 . Almost time to bring out my new Rod Charlene

Posted on: 2013/3/11 16:08

From Pipersville Pa.
Marcq, no I do not have access to a kayak. But I am sure that would make for a great day. Do you always use one? Or do you sometimes just go on foot?

Gencon

Posted on: 2013/3/12 7:50

From Flourtown, PA
Marc, if you want to top 20# on the fly, head North. At least LBI. Water south of there is too shallow, with too little tidal exchange to attract numbers of big fish. That, and the larger schools of bunker come from back bays further to your North. And over the years, I've found that you won't start catching many on the fly until the plug fishermen start catching. Closer to 55 eegrees.

Posted on: 2013/3/12 8:38

From G-side AKA GLENSIDE
It's kinda both I use it as a tool to put me in a good spot for wade fishing but ill fish out of it to.

Surfcowboy generally I fish north mostly Monmouth and up. But with the kayak I will be heading to IBSP. I gonna try to figure out that flats fishing they say the have there.

Posted on: 2013/3/12 11:49

From Delaware Co.
Bob Pop at work

Posted on: 2013/4/14 21:58

From Upper Bucks
Quote:

marcq wrote:
It's kinda both I use it as a tool to put me in a good spot for wade fishing but ill fish out of it to.

Surfcowboy generally I fish north mostly Monmouth and up. But with the kayak I will be heading to IBSP. I gonna try to figure out that flats fishing they say the have there.

The past few years that area has been hit or miss. Up until 3 years ago, it was not unusual for the gorilla blues to invade the flats in the spring. Wading out to the edge or kayaking out and casting out almost guaranteed at least an awesome chase on each cast. The blues would get themselves in such a frenzy, they would throw the banger clear out of the water and completely miss it. Since the geotube opened up, it hasn't even been close.

But the nightime bass bite is a different story.

Posted on: 2013/4/15 13:16

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com