Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: selective bass

From Lancaster
yep. About 15 min. drive from donegal. Used to fish it alot until I started exploring some of the smaller no name streams. We also have lititz run, w. br. octoraro and tully isn't too far either. My favorites are in york though. Muddy and codorus.

Posted on: 2009/1/18 20:04

I have a very good friend that lives in your area, If you're up for a very passionate fly fisherman, funeral home owner I can hook you up. I hope you drink just a little. LOL. He is a great guy and one of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet. If you want to meet him ahead of of time come to the Somerset NJ show. He lives in Mount Joy. I'll be at the show Saturday. I'll have a green Team Youth USA shirt on. Just look for the old lady next to the tall thin 6'4" kid.

Posted on: 2009/1/18 20:18

From Lancaster
Wetnet, really wish I could be at the show this saturday but unfortunately I have to work...booo! However, I wouldn't mind meetin' your buddy. And yes, I've been known to drink rum from time to time. Does he post here? Wow! Your son is 6' 4. You'd think the fish would spot him coming before he reaches the water.lol In fly fishing I have a natural advantage being as stubby as I am. No matter where I am, I keep a low profile. Even on high ground! Seriously, my family is always telling me that I'm too introverted and I need to try and meet new people.. so I'd like to meet the funeral home guy...do we get to take the hearse to the creek?

Posted on: 2009/1/20 19:45

I think he refrains from drawing attention with the hearse. People might think there's been a fish kill. He is a really a great guy and just loves sailing line. And no you don't have to be a drinker to fish with him, that's not what he's about. He's all about the fishing and enjoying the moment! Heck I just have fun watching him fish. I'll ask him if he has some free time to sneak away. People chose the worst times to die.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 22:03

One day I was fishing the perkie near my house for smallies. I tried streamers, drifting big nymphs...nothing. They weren't hitting the surface but figured what the heck I'll try a damsel dry fly and caught a bunch. Don't know why?? Although, I am not a real smallie fly fisherman. I only do it a couple times a year. It sure was a lot of fun. Maybe I'll dedicate some more time to it this year!

Posted on: 2009/2/6 11:01

From King Of Prussia, Pa
I've never fished a dry fly when going for smallies. However, one of the most successful ways I've found to fish for them on top is to dead drift a popper or a slider. It's been my experience that you tend to catch bigger smallies if you drift it rather than "popping" or "sliding"(?) it.

Posted on: 2009/2/6 14:30

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com