S. York Co WW update

G

glenrockonthefly

Hey All,

Been a long time since I posted anything! So here is a little news from S. York Co.

S. Branch Codorus creek smallmouth: very slow to get going! last april was great this april 2 smb very small have not tried in May yet but figure spawning now (all at twin bridges) Have not tried main body Codorus in York yet.

Local Farm ponds have been great!! Started catching LMB and bluegills early April, even had ice on eyes. Continue to be great, starting to hit topwater both fly and spinning, caught 22 LMB Sat April 11th on Zara Spook. Caught 10 this morn on 8wt with popper and OWB. Bass in ponds appear to be done spawning on nest 2 weeks ago. Lots of good action for bluegill but they appear to be on nest now.

Will try Codorus creek again soon.

Whats the fishing usually like down on that part of the s. codorus. what flies do you use? I live on the s. codorus between glen rock and seven valleys and have never fished down past seven valleys.

I fish a streatch downstream from twin bridges half mile or so below where lake williams drains into the S. Codorus, technically where e.codorus and s.codorus converge.

#1 fly olive wooly bugger! #8 bead head or not.

I also get some good action on hoppers and other poppers. Some luck on clousers in the fall/late summer.

Good water for smallies, rock bass and sunnys last 2 summers. PM me and we can hit it together some time.

Back