Myrtle Beach - End of April

5RingsBL

5RingsBL

This is more of a shot in the dark, or search for motivation more than anything else. It's always good to bring the fishin' pole with me on trips.

First and most importantly, I won't be hiring a guide. I know it greatly limits my options, but it's just me and my girlfriend going, and I don't want to drop that kind of money for a guide on my own (oddly enough, she doesn't fly fish).

Are there any worthwhile options to go out and wet a line in the Myrtle Beach area (an hour drive) in the next couple of weeks? When I say ‘worthwhile’, I'm basically referring to anything besides blind casting my 8wt on the beach - unless of course there's a good reason why I should be doing so! I have the basic saltwater patterns, but am always open to suggestions as well.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Bring bass gear and fish the freshwater ponds. That's what I did as a boy. Look towards North Myrtle, where all the golf courses are. There ain't much in the way of SW fly work to be done there. No real concentrations of reds in the back. Lots of nice green bass, though.

Point taken. Didn't even think about freshwater. Thanks!

Back