Muskie Mayhem Summary form this afternoon. *PHOTO HEAVY*

D

DJBerg

So Thursday night I stumbled across a thread for this Muskie Mayhem, then to realize it was actually close to me, I had to be there. So this morning I grabbed the camera, and a rod and off to Warren I went.

Figuring this was going to be a 5-10 guy ordeal, got there and the turn out was way better than i had expected, more like 25 or so guys from all over western PA/NY.

*note, i am not a reporter, and i've been sitting here for 5 min trying to remember names... but yeah my brain was too busy soaking up info and stories....

So before it all got started, there was a quick little meet n greet out front, met TD55, PACOFRANSICO, Brad, the owners of Allegheny River Fly Fishing Company Travis and *, and I believe HCSTEELE.

First up was Todd, and man what a presentation, power point and loads of info with Brad and Paco chiming in. Then there was some casting for the attendees with pointers by Gary Kell(I got caught up bs-ing with Paco n missed that...), followed by Todd tying up a muskie fly, and another absolutely thorough presentation on fishing muskie on the Allegheny by Josh McDunn, a young guy who is working on being a river guide. And after hearing him speak, that would be the guy i would pay to put me o a muskie on that water for sure with out spot burning, he gave out a great wealth of info on that water, great guy and an absolutely awesome presentation as well!

So yeah, today went from well this should be a cool day to a holy sh*t, that was absolutely awesome! Great time, great people and so much info i forgot most of the people's names i met today!

Todd's(TD55) presentation and the folks that were learning.

DSC_1796 by dj.berg, on Flickr

Brad Bohen's way of giving a presentation.

DSC_1798 by dj.berg, on Flickr

Brad's beautiful sidekick.

DSC_1800 by dj.berg, on Flickr

Brad had a slew of multi-colored super long deer hair and feathers for sale.

DSC_1803 by dj.berg, on Flickr

Checking out a muskie fly.

DSC_1808 by dj.berg, on Flickr

Todd showing us the way.

DSC_1816 by dj.berg, on Flickr

DSC_1806 by dj.berg, on Flickr

DSC_1807 by dj.berg, on Flickr

DSC_1809 by dj.berg, on Flickr

DSC_1812 by dj.berg, on Flickr

And last but not least Brad and the guys from Allegheny River Fly Fishing Company.

DSC_1821 by dj.berg, on Flickr

Way cool. Looks like it was a great time.

DJ man ya got some photo chops. It was cool meeting ya. And a great event. Allegheny outfitters is gonna be a shop to watch when it's up and running. Thanks to all that showed & those that presented.

Is the sidekick an english setter? Thats what my older dog is, she hunts like you wouldn't believe.

Penny Sue is a setter. She's the musky dog & a great companion on a float . Td55 and spent thurs with Brad and Her floating the allegheny.

Thanks for the props DJ. JD is on-board and we are working on getting him all legal like. More to come. Grand Opening is TBD (a little birdy told me Friday night 5/24 with open house all weekend). Stay tuned.

Some good stuff here - two thumbs up!

DJ agree you got some very well done photographs. Enjoyed the write-up!! Thanks

Thanks everyone, yeah once in a great while i get the camera gear out, wish i did more often but i'm too busy working and dealing with this fishing addiction.

mario- yeah like paco said one of those spaniel breeds, sorry not to fluent in dog breeds, but she was pretty much the perfect dog. heck she spent a few minutes with me and by the time i was done petting her i could have dubbed a nice spaniel muskie fly lol.

Paco- as soon as i get around to a pa liscense i'll be at your door saying lets find teeth! with a load of metal for the day! there aint much better than talking fishing and good heavy music.

tbowersox- thanks to you, i would really love a place other than walmart that's close to me that has fresh leaders and tippet. there is nothing worse than having to drive 45+ min for trust worthy fishing supplies. and from what i saw this will be a great shop, cant wait to actually see it. then after all that is done, we'll get down on the bamboo!

and the one detail i omited. "MUSKIE LOVE SWEATY TEDDY, CAT SCRATCH FEVER REALLY GETS THEM GOING!" Josh McDunn Allegheny River Muskie Master.

Damn!! I knew this was gonna be a great time. Wish I could have make it!! Anybody take any video??

DJ I'm glad you and everyone else enjoyed the day. It's hard to tell sometimes whether something like that will have a big turnout or a small one. Musky on the fly is the next big thing in fly fishing and there is a lot of interest. It was a great time. Musky Nation gets bigger and bigger by the day. The guys at Allegheny River Flyfishing are top notch guys. That shop is going to be sweet once it's setup.

By the way like everyone else said awesome pics DJ. We will get together sometime soon hopefully and throw some big stuff.

yeah i was really blown away by how many were there. and i cant wait for that shop to get going, i know they will have two of my favorite fly rods going bamboo n a company i'll leave un named for now but it should be really good!

Sounds like a great time...wish it wasn't so far west.

Luckily, I still had the pleasure of meeting Brad and Penny yesterday at TCO. Very cool guy and the amount of knowledge/experience he shared was incredible.

Even scored some primo tail afterwards...that's a win in itself.

mooney4 wrote:
Damn!! I knew this was gonna be a great time. Wish I could have make it!! Anybody take any video??

Aren't they having the same thing at TCO ?

My mistake didn't read the post above .

Brads TCO event was yesterday.

We did get some video of the fly tying session. Will get it up once edited / done. Thanks for all the positive feedback. More to come soon! - Todd

Back