Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 20 21 22 (23) 24 25 26 »

Re: Muskie Flies

From Philly
I don't fish many, but I always like how those barred perch-style ep flies look...well done steel!

Paco, I gotta come clean...I got a little jealous of that diver video of yours. I took a stab at something similar...hopefully it swims half as nice.

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 3/19 8:32

From "THE VILLE"
That diver was tyed by Pat Cohen. Kick ass fly it's gonna see some teeth! It's a prototype that he planning on selling on his Ru Superfly site in the near future.

Posted on: 3/19 10:11
in the box, for if it is evil you seek,
then it can only be conjured with the
same.”

From lower burrell, pa
Pat's flies are awsome

Posted on: 3/19 10:13

Nice diver Jay! I agree, Pat has some crazy stuff coming off of his vice. The Baby Merganser I saw on his instagram was insane. I wanna give it a shot haha the toothies should love it

Posted on: 3/19 12:33

Ty
Keystone Fly Fishing

Awesome diver Jay! I met Pat Cohen at the Lancaster show and bought some of his goodies. He ties some awesome flies and is great to talk to.

Posted on: 3/19 12:58

From Butler
Bluesteel, I pretty sure I got the same thing you did at michaels. It was a big bag full of foam shapes? When I saw it, I was all pumped up about it and the lady next to me was looking at me like I was crazy. Nice tie by the way.

Jay..nice diver as well. I need to learn to stack deer hair like that.

Posted on: 3/19 20:29

Quote:

Crawdad31 wrote:
Bluesteel, I pretty sure I got the same thing you did at michaels. It was a big bag full of foam shapes? When I saw it, I was all pumped up about it and the lady next to me was looking at me like I was crazy. Nice tie by the way.

Jay..nice diver as well. I need to learn to stack deer hair like that.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets weird looks at the craft store. The last time I was there I got all excited about the crazy googly eyes and giant pipe cleaners. A mother was there with her child getting supplies for a science project and looked at me like I escaped the nut house. Those cylinders came in a bag of about a dozen of just that shape and color. I hope they float well cause I would like nothing more then for Mr.Musky to crush a giant popper :)

Posted on: 3/19 22:15

From Butler
Haha. They look at you like you have two heads it's pretty funny. Everytime I go in there and ask if they have certain things from an employee which the items are always pretty random, I feel the need to explain I am using them for fly tying. The bag of foam I got had a bunch of different shapes in it which is pretty kool because I can cut more out of the pieces and make some smaller bass poppers and I want to experiment with the pyramid shapes for a slider pattern.

Posted on: 3/20 9:17

From Philly
I got meet pat at somerset, and I agree with the others...very nice guy.

I highly recommend his diver tutorial dvd to anyone interested in the deer hair game. Got it for my bday in dec and my tying desk has been a mess ever since.

Posted on: 3/20 9:21

Here are a couple of flies I've tied up. Picked up an awesome pink bucktail and had to tie a couple of flies with it. I got out Monday and threw the double pink one and it really looks cool in the water. I'm not sure if it was my frozen guides, my frozen line, my frozen reel or the fact that I was wading but I could not throw that guy very far lol.

Attach file:

jpeg  Pink Panther.jpeg (55.89 KB)
9523_533338a95b106.jpeg 240X320 px

Posted on: 3/26 16:29

That pink panther looks sweet! Gotta love when you find a good bucktail

I've been going at it over here! Some of these are my buddy Moose's flies, but all of the flies in the box are mine. Tying up some dark stuff tonight

Posted on: 3/26 17:05

Ty
Keystone Fly Fishing

From "THE VILLE"
I'm working on my topwater game this year. I've gotten pike on top but the musky she shows me no love! Here's what I'm working on. Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 3/26 20:10
same.”

From Butler
Bluesteel nice flies. Try the pink with chartreuse, I've heard that's a dynamite color combo. My personal favorite is hot pink and black. I've heard a few gear guys say that and black and hot orange or a fire orange is a go to color combo.

Posted on: 3/26 22:20

From Butler
Hey Paco I am with you brother, itching for some top water action. Had a musky follow a bass popper last year and I need to get me some of the action. Nice popper also. I'm curious to see how these cylinders pop compared to the spongebob style head. Quick question Have you or TD articulated one of these poppers yet? I haven't tried it but I was thinking 6/0 front hook and a 3/0 or 1/0 back hook kinda like a jointed rapala.

Posted on: 3/26 22:31

From "THE VILLE"
I have 3 articulated sponge bob style flys tyed up. Smaller stuff say 8'inches max. Topwater I've found for some reason ya have to go smaller than subsurface patterns. They are single hooked rear. I'm gonna have both single hook "solid" and tandem topwaters ready to go.

I'm looking hard at European topwater pike flys. These guys have some cool ideas on topwater bugs. Smaller heads and long skinny flowing bodies. Im thinking it will translate to musky too. I'm tying up a couple of patterns I've seen.

Posted on: 3/27 3:01
same.”

« 1 ... 20 21 22 (23) 24 25 26 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com