Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Hang loose.

From Dutchess Co. Ny
Hi everyone, just thought I'd post up a pic of some warmwater flyfishing i've done recently. Peacock bass fishing in Hawaii on Lake Wilson. Really fun. The guide put us in the middle of blitzing pods of fish numerious times and even helped me and my wife get a few double headers. These fish are fighters and don't tire easily. Thats a 5 wt Winston Ibis with wf5 line and a 9'4x tippet. Flies were size 6 gold ribbed bead head white or olive wooly buggers that I had tied for the trip. Fish would boil up chasing schools of baitfish and you just fired a cas in and stripped line as fast as you could untill hopefully your fly got nailed, If it wasn't fast they didnt want to know about it. Takes were NOT subtle. Just a wonderfull afternoon. Not a bad way to spend a day on the honeymoon. Guide service was Hawaii Bass Fishing. They did a great job.

Attach file:

jpg  PEACOCK 1 sm 2.jpg (125.59 KB)
2013_4b214d3b4985f.jpg 288X388 px

jpg  PEACOCK DOUBLE sm2.jpg (114.54 KB)
2013_4b214d7a66973.jpg 288X388 px

Posted on: 2009/12/10 14:31

Re: Hang loose.

From Lehigh Valley
I don't know why it amuses me so much to see people pursuing pet industry fish, but it does.

I'm dying to try out peacock bass fishing some day, they look great and seeing the takes on TV makes it look like an absolute blast.

Posted on: 2009/12/10 15:34

Re: Hang loose.
From Gettysburg
Cool photos. I've had great fun catching butterfly peacocks in canals in south FL. Beautiful fish and a great gamefish. Other than HI, I don't believe peacocks can be caught anywhere else in the US? I think TX may have tried stocking them some years ago but the water temps were just too cold.
Heck, maybe we could stock some in lower Penns Creek in the summer for a nice seasonal diversion. Or maybe put some at the warm water discharges to keep the Susky piranhas company.

Posted on: 2009/12/10 15:52

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
122 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
3 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com