Great Day For Smallies

• Thread starter JakesLeakyWaders
  • Start date
JakesLeakyWaders

JakesLeakyWaders

Headed out to a spot tucked away in northern York Co. On the Conewago last night that I hadn't been to in while. Conditions seemed perfect for some topwater popper action with the recent rains and the water still slightly stained.

Caught many redeyes and big sunnies right off. Smallmouth action startin pickin up. Then I found a good spot and hit jackpot. Caught lots of smallies around 10" and a couple between 12-14". Once the action started picking up the anticipation of a bass striking on about every two or three casts was just the fix I needed for the day.

Caught every fish on a single chartreuse popper. Best day I've had in a long time. I had an absolute blast catching good hard fighting bass today on a five weight fly rod, and for that I am greatful.

Attachments

• IMG_20130630_195221-1.jpg
    IMG_20130630_195221-1.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 15
Glad you had a good time. Nothing better than catching smallies on poppers.

Can't wait to head out for smallies whenever the rain stops!

Good stuff!

It's just about the time of year to start stalking the small creeks for bass.

Yeah, my good buddy Delta-Dog keeps promising to show me some smallie action but still no phone call. :-(

Fox - Dog and I have been trying to work out a day on the Swatara for Smallies...If he doesn't call you, I will!

We need the seemingly endless string of Tstorms to let up for a few days for it to come down and clear up a little though.

He'll even a musky bum happens into em too.
image_zps094f430c.jpg

After missing two fish that day I'd take anything!

Nice.
Big smallies have saved a few muskie days for me. I've had 'em crush full sized jerk baits, big topwaters, and 10" bucktails. River smallies really dig big lures/flies......what Lefty Krehs like to call "groceries."

And they can put a bend in a 10WT.

Back