Full moon bass

JakesLeakyWaders

JakesLeakyWaders

Went out last evening for a couple hours. Bite was slow, missed a couple before sunset.
It started getting dark and I realized I had my handy flashlight with me. I tied on an big black popper and let it drift downstream giving it an occasional loud pop.

The moon popped out partially from behind the clouds and all I could see was the reflections of moonlight created by the ripples from my popper.

Suddenly there was a loud splash that disrupted the surface. I could see it clearly as it was adjacent to the reflected moon on the water. I set the hook and the moons relection broke apart as dimantled glimmers of light as the bass shattered the silence and erupted out of the water under the moonlight.

I felt the weight knew it was a nice big smallie. I landed the bass after a nice fight and enjoyed the serenity of the stream for a few minutes as I stood knee deep in a pair of swim trunks and sandals.

One bass under a full moon, and that was a good night for me.

Gotta love smallies at night, on the susky we rip those poppers hard at sunset and get some mad violent hits.

A guy at the fly shop told me he fishes the full moon, and uses the moon as a target on the lake. Sounds like lots of fun.

I fished a lunar eclipse once, most of the lake was bright like a moonlight sunshine, we caught no bass in the bright areas. The trees shaded the one side of the lake and we nailed them in the dark areas, unusual night and one to remember.

Back