follow up video of 8lb bass in wissahickon

kenbo5733

kenbo5733

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14GvzC3u4XM

please watch in full screen in hd and the only part u can see is the upper half of his head/neck just hope nobody thought I was bluffing and yes its the wissahickon

Kenbo,

You know where the fish is located, but if you are to hook it, how will you land it on that side of the stream. You should cast from the other side, it's certainly open enough for fly casting. Also, don't cast too many times into the same spot. Measure your distance by casting to a different location, once you have the distance, then drop a green articulated streamer into the abyss.

If you're going to use spin gear and artificial lures, then I would try the following:

1) Zoom 5 in Wooly bug in orange / green combo...it's just a deadly creature bait.

2) 4 in Black body tube with electric blue tentacle with a homemade shaker. This IS a big largemouth slammer in river and creek systems. To make a shaker: 1) cut a clear straw into 1/2 inch pieces 2) heat up a pair on pliers and seal one end 3) add 4-7 small shot bb's from a shot gun shell) 3) seal the opposite end at 180 degrees.

3) Ribbit makes soft plastic frogs that act as buzz baits. If you get there early in the AM, then you might have a heart attack if the bass comes up for it lol!

Good luck!

Night time with a sunny or big chub,from the other side , now you will be lucky if some one doesn't get him first. since anyone whos watching and may know the creek knows where he is.

Good luck. That looks like a nice warm-water stream. Even if someone else gets to him, he'll stay around there I'm sure....

The legend grows......video disappears.....the next Zane Grey, not the Lord of the Lackawaxen, Wizard of the Wissahickon, perhaps?

It's like trail cam pics of big bucks, lol.

Someone in the other thread mentioned crayfish, I agree that would be a prime bait, as well as a hellgrammite. If you go that direction. Good luck!

sorry the video was really crappy u could barely see the bass

I'm calling BS.

pics or it didn't happen

I was able to see the video before it was deleted. Even though i couldn't see the fish, the vid seemed legit. If it's really 8lb or not nobody really knows ;-) but I do believe that there might as well could be a big bass in there.

Oh, it was a lovely video. Lots of assistance by showing you houses in the distance, distinct woodpiles, and a big ole arrow to the fishes' holding spot.

I suspect anyone familar with this creek would've been able to easily identify the house in the distance.

gfen wrote:

Oh, it was a lovely video. Lots of assistance by showing you houses in the distance, distinct woodpiles, and a big ole arrow to the fishes' holding spot.

I suspect anyone familar with this creek would've been able to easily identify the house in the distance.

Very good observations, Gfen... and your point?
I would suspect that anyone familiar with the location of any picture or video can tell where it's at...

Hey I know that house!
::loads cast net into truck::

David wrote:
gfen wrote:

Very good observations, Gfen... and your point?
I would suspect that anyone familiar with the location of any picture or video can tell where it's at...

Come on now. You know what his point is. To stir the pot. It is all he has.

SBecker wrote:

Come on now. You know what his point is. To stir the pot. It is all he has.

Now that really is a good observation!

Sweat Jebus, you guys are whiners. If I really wanted to make it clear, I'd explain the situation of the house, the distinct pattern of the wood pile, and simply point out between the prior thread and the video he's posted someone who's never been there can identify the spot with reasonable accuracy.

Or, I could say "white house" and "distinctive woodpiles" and let subtlety that he realized quite quickly that he told every jackhole on the Internet where to locate his trophy and pulled it down saying that the video "wasn't very good" because, let's be honest, setting that sort of thing on the Innertubes is pretty much akin to posting a neon arrow that says, "cast here."

Hey, its cool if I have to explain it to you guys because you thought you were being sharp witted and throwing daggers but actually were looking at the wrong fence post.

And I still say "so what." If he is proud of finding this fish and wants to tell people about it, that is OK with me.

I did once see what was more like a 4-5 pound bass in the wiss from a bridge. This was 7 years or so ago though. Never caught a largemouth in there, only sunnies and small smallmouth.

And I still say "so what." If he is proud of finding this fish and wants to tell people about it, that is OK with me.
+1

Back