Fly rod musky.

PACOFRANSICO

PACOFRANSICO

I've got a couple of flyrod musky under my belt since the last post. This is the 1 I caught tonight. Its the biggest I've caught so far. I'm guessing at least 40+ and every bit of 20 pounds.
DSC05486.jpg

DSC05485.jpg

DSC05484.jpg

Nice fish ! but next time wear a different shirt this is a fly fishing forum you know...LOL...I have to get out for them soon.

Beast! Nice! From shore yet! Good job....
:pint:

p.s. Agreed Sandy, nice fish.....bad shirt!

nice fish for sure......awesome shirt! ha

"Its just a stockie."

That's alot of fish, how long does it take to bring something like that to hand?

It was a 5 min. fight. It was the hardest fighting 1 yet just a bull of a fish.

nice fish. Saw one bigger than that saturday afternoon sunning. is that fly hair or synthetic ? i can't hook them on single hooks. I Have a heck of a time throwing double hooks. I am going Have to get a 10 wt..

Awesome fish Paco! Looks like you've found a spot where the tigers prowl.
(And the facial expression looks happier this time too).
:)

Alot of time at the vise and even more time on the water go into fly fishing for musky. But all the quite time tying and the sore shoulder from casting is worth every second. Just for the 5 min. of choas after 1 of these trys to rip the rod outta your hand.

That's it Paco I can't take it anymore. You need to take me with when you go on these trips. I can feel the jealousy welling up in my body as we speak.

Awesome fish man!

PS
The t-shirt needs no changing. Stinkin philadelphians.

Hey the line forms to the left...Just kidding. It more luck than skill in my case. The skill is casting a ten with 7 ft. of leadcore looped on to a big bug line. Oh if forgot to tell ya about the 6/0 articulated attached at the end. Do that for 6 or 7 hours and your ready.

I thought they called these things the fish of 1000 casts? Does false casting count? Hahaha

Well done, I have gone after the elusive musky many times. No luck yet...

Falsecasting is held to a minimium. If i false cast 3 times its 2 times to many. More time with the fly in the air and not in the water is just wasted energy.
You will pay your dues with these fish. I did, 2 weeks of fishing 2 broken rods then I landed my first fish. That was the hardest 1.

Breaking the rods via spastic casting and low flying tree limbs, or smashing lead eyes into 'em?

Breaking the rods via spastic casting and low flying tree limbs, or smashing lead eyes into 'em?

My 8wt. snapped in 2 while casting a full sink 8wt. line and 8inch streamer.

Nockamixon has some nice ones. I like fishing the haycock run area from shore years ago. For me a nine wt. would be minimum. I use 9,10, and a 12 wt. for musky.

Yeah im using a 10wt. I started with 1 but i broke it. My 8 was my back up broke that too. Theni got 10 back from the manufacture. 10wt's are minium just because the size of the flys needed to trigger a responce from em. You cant get a fly to big for these things.

Back