Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Flies/info for west coast florida????

PhilC

If you are heading to Sanibel sometime send me a message. I fish there pretty much every year and have done pretty well and can give you some info. Norm is a great guy and has a nice shop.
Bill

Posted on: 2012/11/21 7:26

From Lehigh Valley
Quote:

pafisherman wrote:
PhilC

If you are heading to Sanibel sometime send me a message. I fish there pretty much every year and have done pretty well and can give you some info. Norm is a great guy and has a nice shop.
Bill

Hey pa/Bill...
Will do I'll def be back down next summer....looking to plan a trip or two around the moon cycles. If all goes well Ill rent a car and head over to Sanibel...it's only about 3.5 hrs from where I stay...will let u know if I make it
Phil

Posted on: 2012/11/22 10:00

From Lehigh Valley
I'm out on the east coast right now for the holiday...the wind has been blowing like crazy the past few days...I caught a few minutes of some blitzes at the lake worth inlet before my mom started freaking out(my folks are getting old and have low tolerance for any chop). It looked like blue runners anyway...
Hopefully things will settle a bit by the end of the weekend...

Posted on: 2012/11/22 10:01

From florida
Quote:

pete41 wrote:
Not gators-up around cedar keys some of the islands are known for water moccasins or so a tour guide told me.

Not the case Pete. Gators are found in that area and further north. GG

Posted on: 2012/11/28 13:53

From harlansburg
didn't see any gators or snakes. caught some mullet, saw some reds tailing but spooked em. saw some trout also, but same thing, they saw me way before I could get a cast to them.definitely going back, cedar key is the best place I've ever been in FL. Absolutely NO chain or franchise establishments, everything is mom and pop. tons of water there to learn. went up in a plane and saw tons of fish,(and also saw how isolated this place really is!) but when your back on the ground trying to chase them around in a kayak, it's a different story! next year I'll be better prepared, but for my first time flyfishing in the salt, I had a blast, and the scenery was second to none. The amount of wildlife is astounding. I've been all over florida and the keys, and I'll take the laid back atmosphere of this place over the rest of it combined. cedar key must be what Key West was like 100 years ago. I think they may have 900 citizens, and there might have been a couple dozen tourists, needless to say, you got to know most folks by the second day.
I'll be back down there next year for sure.
oh yeah, the beer was cheap the seafood wasn't bad either

Posted on: 2012/12/1 18:43

From Delaware Co.
What no pics ?

Posted on: 2012/12/1 23:18

From harlansburg
I had enough trouble with the kayak, wind, spotting fish, and trying not to spook the fish, and casting to fish while sitting, which I'm not used to. I was by myself, so I didn't get any good pics of fishing. plus, I only caught mullet, although some were good size.

Posted on: 2012/12/2 7:51

this is the place to take your spinning rods-stop at walmart and get some 17 r and 19r mirrolures .
reds in the shallows will put brown trout to shame for spooky.slightest bump[vibrations] and they are gone-trout can be taken right along the boat.cedar Keys is my favorite but others up to the bend are escapes also-
Didn't mean no gators but that those islands will hold some nasty snakes.lol
By all means take the fly rod,try them both so you won't wonder what if.

Posted on: 2012/12/2 16:14

From harlansburg
I heard Suwannee is nice, but average age is around 82! I'm gonna shop around for one of those single person skiffs kinda like this
http://www.xfishsup.com/reconv.html

looks to be the perfect vehicle for those areas, be nice to stand up.

Posted on: 2012/12/3 10:00

From florida
Biker, don't talk so loud. To many Yankees here as it is. Those flats go on forever and can hold all kinds of fish. The water clarity is better in that area, but really makes for tough fishing. Long casts are the norm and an electric motor is ideal. That rig you have in mind would be good. GG

Posted on: 2012/12/7 15:29

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
33 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
2 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com