Fall SMB Fishing North Susky

M

mr7183

Visting my parents house this weekend on the banks of the Susky in West Pittston. Is the SMB fishing any good in that area this time of year? Is the SMB population struggling as much in the North Branch as it is down south?

I did a quick search and saw you guys had a SMB PAFF Jam in Pittston last year and got skunked....

mr7183 wrote:
Visting my parents house this weekend on the banks of the Susky in West Pittston. Is the SMB fishing any good in that area this time of year? Is the SMB population struggling as much in the North Branch as it is down south?

I did a quick search and saw you guys had a SMB PAFF Jam in Pittston last year and got skunked....

The SMB fishing in the North Branch of the Susky is excellent and if water levels are good, it should fish well in October. We did indeed catch the skunk last summer in that section......but we hit it on a bad day. The fish are there.

Even the lower Susky back in the glory days sometimes fished poorly (I was skunked may times back in the good ole days).

mr7183 wrote:

I grew up in that town!

Yup to what FI said. The smallie fishing is good most any where on the NB and fall is a great time to fish it. Good luck.

Thanks guys. I will post some pics if I have any luck.

Back