Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Bluegills.

From Ransom, Pennsylvania
my favorite bluegill pond just had a nice hatch of some BWO-type mayflies (don't know exact names, I'm no entomologist), but I can tell you, casting a size 16 BWO parachute to rising bluegill is a hell of a lot more fun way to work on casting accuracy than casting a piece of yarn to a paper plate. plus, you can't argue with 52 fish in just over two and a half hours...

Posted on: 2010/5/22 12:45

From erie,pa
There is nothing that fights like a bluegill and for eating they are tops. I saw this post earlier and decided today that i was in the mood for some panfried bluegils so off i went to presque isle and caught a dozen, that means tommorrow fish dinner. I tyed up some lighting bugs and they are awesome for panfish. I found the pattern on tri-county fly fishers its a club in central florida and the lighting bug is Ed Russell creation

Posted on: 2010/5/24 21:20

I took my my little brother fishing at the 'gill pond in Raccoon creek state park a few years ago and and in a couple of hours we had over 30 of them landed. It peaked his interest now I'm trying to hook him a little more. We caught them all on a carpenter ant pattern. They crushed it as soon as it hit the water every time.

Posted on: 2010/6/13 10:15

Count me in. My choice of fly is whatever I have tied on at the moment They'll eat anything, or at least try to. Last Thurs. while fishing for bass, I had one hit a 1/0 floating minnow, twice. The second time he hooked himself in the gill plate. He measured a whole 3". Heck, the fly was bigger than he was.

I sometimes carry a 3wt rod with me when fishing in the kayak just for panfish. When the bass are moody and the carp are spooky, 'gills will be gracious enough to show me a fun time.

Here's a pumpkinseed from last summer

[img width=300]Photobucket[/img]

peace-tony c.

Posted on: 2010/6/13 21:26

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
116 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
3 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com